Hey guys, quick question.
Should I get a Spider II 75 watt 1x12 or a Spider III 30 watt 1x12

Thanks
None! STOP!
if you want a modelling amp look at the Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by nightraven
neither

go for a roland cube 60

the spiders are mediocre amps and you might think it sounds good now but as your ear develops you'll realise how sterile and digital the spiders sound

the cube is the same price but a billion times better, you can also look into the peavey vypyrs, which are also modelling amps with all the effects on

I see the cube for 350~ from my short research... can you link me?
Is the Peavey Vypyr 30 watt a good choice?
you should get the spider valve. i've actually played it and i can say the tones you can get out of it can be very good....i'd trade my hot rod deluxe and mg for it right now
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Vypyr > Cube >>>>>> Spider

The Spider II was a lot better than the III, but both of them are inferior to the Vypyr and Cube series.
the spider valve combo is about 700 usd though....i don't know if you dig that...but it really is a great amp. much better sounding in every case than the non tube spiders, cubes, and valvetronix. It also sounds better than my HRD, and definitely my MG. I've never heard a vypyr so idk about that one. it's very versatile
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Vypyr > Cube >>>>>> Spider

The Spider II was a lot better than the III, but both of them are inferior to the Vypyr and Cube series.

+1
Stop sying Spider amps sucks. Spider amps give a good sound but it is more digital. it all depends on what you play.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Stop sying Spider amps sucks. Spider amps give a good sound but it is more digital. it all depends on what you play.

Got to agree with this. Ive got the 75 watt spider II and I like the tones I can get but the effects arent great and arent that practical to use. Consider something without effects and and get them separately if need be
Quote by random_B-RAD

I'm just saying that for the money you can do better.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I'm just saying that for the money you can do better.

It all depends on what style you play. if you like the digital sound for what you play other then other amps then the line 6 is for you.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD

Sept. 08' giving advice FOR a spider amp.
Why does this not surprise me?

Anywho, yes some people are happy with their spider amps down the road.
More people, however, start feeling their tone is crap after only a few weeks owning this amp. These people will generally tell you things along the lines of "it's fine for now until I can afford something better" all the way to "God, if I had only known, I would have NEVER bought this thing!".

So with that in mind, you can likely find a few used spider amps, with their owners very eager to part with them. And if you're happy with your new purchase, and remain happy with it, we're happy for you, you can find peace with yourself with such simplicity.

The rest of us will continue our very expensive quest for OUR "perfect tone". We'll always be gas'ing over new amps, effects, and guitars to replace or compliment what we already have.
Quote by random_B-RAD
It all depends on what style you play. if you like the digital sound for what you play other then other amps then the line 6 is for you.

Wait, why would you want to sound digital?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
+1

Just get a Peaver Vyper or a Cube. If you're completely set on one of the Spiders though, get the Spider II. It sounds better.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by thsrayas

THIS

If there is a type of music where fizzy digital tone is called for, show me a clip, so I can murder everyone in the band.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top