would it be possible to play so fast it sounds slow?
(please tell me if im being stoopid)
haha
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
If you listen to Dragonforce (Please not Through the Fire and the Flames - i hate it because of my friends) but some of their stuff is so fast you have to really listen to realise that it is being played fast and not slow because the notes sort of merge. So yeah its possible.
true
i cant remember what i was listening too
but he was playing super fast and adding in notes here and there and it sounded like a lead on top of a lead kinda thing.
thought that was cool
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
play 1 note with tremelo picking at 64ths at 400 bpm for a minute or so.

Your brain can't distinguish the separate notes because of the speed and it becomes 1 blur up to a point it sounds like 1 sound.

Actually every sound you hear is a super fast vibration, but you still hear it as 1 sound.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I don't think so.

And to the guy who said Dragonforce, their stuff isn't really so fast it's slow, it's just a blur of notes which aren't the fastest I've heard, I've heard faster and it didn't sound slow, it just sounded really fast.