does anyone know where to get white hardware?
well a white floyd and tuners

or how does spray painting go?
a dude used enamel on a TOM bridge and it seems alright.
anythoughts?
thanks
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
You'd have to do it yourself. Satin chrome is probably the closest you'll get.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
that satin chrome looks sweet actually
i more concerned with the floyd though and getting it in something other than gold blaCK OR CHROME WHICH OS GOING TO BE HARD
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
Never seen a white FR. Probably going to have to paint it yourself. If I were to try it I'd use auto-paint instead of enamel (in fact I have a couple of spare cheap strat style trems I might try and whiten ) but I can't see it working too well

As for tuners, only ever seen white heads like:

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0420269/details.html

that. Never seen full white machine-heads.

Post some pics if you go for it though
If you are set on painting it, let me know. I have a friend who powdercoats. This stuff is mega durable and won't flake off with wear. He powdercoated my wheels and they have seen over 25,000 miles and look as good as the day they came out of the oven.
i remember someone having a build thread with some powdercoated parts.

i think it would be the way to go especially on a part that is going to have some wear on it liek a trem.
be like buckethead (not most recent, i think he has real white hardware now) and just paint it ****ty white and make sure it flakes alot

just kidding, if its made out of aluminum you can get it annodized, pricey, but very good looking
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by bellerophon
LP Addict's post made me curious so after a bit of searching found this:

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/kvs.html

2nd guitar down, factory white Kahler... purdy

I didnt believe LP Addict so i searched...*
lol

No, I had been looking for white trems since this thread started but I searched for kahler instead after your post and found one (and a red one???) so cheers

If I hadn't believed you I would have just thought 'b@ll@cks!'

I've actually even sprayed a spare strat-style trem I had white just to see. I think it's destined for failure though I reckon spraying the trem white and using black saddles/screws would work though, (at least on the strat-style trem I'm messing around with), my only real concern is the strings friction on the saddles (which I painted...)
Last edited by bellerophon at Dec 22, 2008,
the strings will just rip right through the paint. talk to someone in chemistry, im sure there is a chemical that will damage the surface of steel/brass and turn it white without killing the metal.
AHEM!

annodizing.
if its aluminum atleast, i think it works with a few other metals, i cant remember. basically you put the part in a special solution and you send a certain amount of electricity through it. its pretty neat. there are many paintball gun annodizing companies.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If I think about it, I'll get my dude to powdercoat some saddles for me to see how well they hold up. It may be a while though before I can. I'd do it to the 100GBP build I'm doing but I plan on getting the locking trem working instead.
it might look good but i doubt the trm will still hold tune and work properly. if you get paint all over the moving parts they will seize till you breake the paint seal, thus ruining you paintjob. so it might work if you completely disasemble the trem(which isnt all that hard), paint each piece, then reasemble it, just dont paint the knife edges!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B