hey
i wanting to buy a 7 string guitar for metal and have been looking at the xiphos 7 string and the razorback 7. but none of the shops around me have the seven string versions in just the six. so how much difference is there going to be between the 6 string and 7 string versions or is it ok just trying the 6?

also, if theres a guitar that has the same neck but is a completely different body shape and pickups to what you want, do you recomment i test the other guitar to see how the neck feels and then buy the crazy shape?
Well 7 string necks are thicker, and take getting used to.
And you need to hear the pickups, see how it feels, you really need to try the guitar..
the necks on the 7 strings are going to be thicker. Also i'd advise playing the 'crazy shape' because you might not find it comfortable to play
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
well the xiphos has a really thin neck and the dean has a neck like a baseball bat - take your pick
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Last edited by mosherhamish at Dec 22, 2008,
Well ibanez necks are pretty similar, thin, so if you can play a RG1527 RG7321 or S7320 you might get a feel of what the xiphos might be like, but not exactly the same.

You do need to be playing 7 strings though, you have to get use to the width of the neck.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Well ibanez necks are pretty similar, thin, so if you can play a RG1527 RG7321 or S7320 you might get a feel of what the xiphos might be like, but not exactly the same.

You do need to be playing 7 strings though, you have to get use to the width of the neck.

+100%
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
just find any 7 string to get the feel of using a 7 string then try out the 6 string version of that guitar to get a feel of the guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I'm so used to the 7-strings neck that it takes me some time to get used to 6-strings neck.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mosherhamish
well the xiphos has a really thin neck and the dean has a neck like a baseball bat - take your pick

razorbacks feel great, or atleast the 6 string
Quote by random_B-RAD
just find any 7 string to get the feel of using a 7 string then try out the 6 string version of that guitar to get a feel of the guitar.

sounds like a good idea