hey guys here post ur set up u up 4 nything practice or gigging... ill start it off with mi 'legendary' setup :P

practice

ibanex gax30
marshall guv'nor
cry baby wah
rocktronic 40 watt amp

i dont have a giggin set up

now post ur set ups u use
Marshall Stack + Gibson Les Paul
Cry Baby Wah Pedal + A good Distortion Pedal

... Ok I WISH!! lol
Quote by Maton+SG
Marshall Stack + Gibson Les Paul
Cry Baby Wah Pedal + A good Distortion Pedal

... Ok I WISH!! lol

marshall stack and a distortion pedal....

so whats the point of the stack

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

PRS sc 250 + Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Head w/ Mesa Stack

Digitech Hardwire TL-2 + Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Rehearsal: Jackson RR3 into Marshall AVT150 halfstack
Live/Home: Jackson RR3 into Peavey 6505+ halfstack, ISP Decimator and Belcat Delay
ohai little sig.
Practise;
Epiphone Les Paul with Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's
->
Roland Microcube

Main rig;
Epiphone Les Paul with Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's
->
Slash Wah
->
Marshall JCM 800 4104 2x12 50w combo. (With attenuator!)

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Bedroom practice: Whichever guitar i feel like playing, into a fender champ, mostly.
Band Practice: Line 6 Variax (to find out which guitar tones suit which songs best) -> Boss DS-2 -> Rocktronic Tube 30
Gig: Whichever guitars i feel like using/suit the songs in the setlist best -> Full Pedalboard -> Laney VC30. Although if it's just a short set i'm doing, often i just use my practice setup, with whichever guitar i bring along, or if they already have amps provided, i borrow the amps provided
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Guitar: Depends on tuning i need

Ibanez SZ320 for D and Drop C
My old modded Epiphone SG for Standard
and -hopefully next year- a gibson Les Paul for halfstep down.
and a Johnson Acoustic for acoustic stuff.

19" Rack FX and Stuff:

T.C. Electronics G-Sharp
T.C. Electronics G-Major (hopefully next year too)
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
Rocktron Hush Super C Noisegate

Amp:

Laney GH50L through an Line 6 MKII Box (Hope to get next year some V30s which i can put in)

Thats it i think. I use it at home, practise and while playing life.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Rehersal/live.
Fender MIM strat
Lag Arkane 2000fm
Marshall JCM2000 Tsl w 1960/Mesa flat down cab.
Morley Wah, EHX Knockout, Turbo Rat, Rocktron Big Crush, Dano Phaser, Boss SD1, Boss dd7.
In rehersal use a rackmount reverb aswell.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Currently:
Epiphone LP Special II through nothing, because the amp used to sound so bad my ears bled when it worked, and now it's just broken.

Future:
Fender/Jackson/Ibanez/Schecter of some sort through a Bugera 6262/333XL
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
sig.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Room practice
Schecter c-1+>roland micro cube

Main rig
Schecter c-1+>TS-9>crybaby wah>crate palomino V16
For gigs: ESP LTD EC1000 into EFX pedal board into Randall RM100 head w/ Clean, SL+ and XTC modules into avatar speaker cab with Vintage 30s in it.

For bedroom: everything noted above but replace the RM100 and cab with a Randall RM50S combo.
Rehearsal and gig:

5150+Diezel Vh4
Isp decimator prorack
korg dtr-2000
DMM, Holy Grail and MXR 80's stereo flanger

into

Charvel model 6
Jackson SLSMG
Tokai Love Rock

Basically what I have now

The combination depends what I'm playing.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Home practice -

My washburn x50pro going into an old Zoom 707II pedal with some ear phones (so i can plug music in straight from my computer/mp3

Band practice and giging - Washburn, ibanez RG350DX and sometimes epiphone Les Paul classic through pedal board then Mesa F100 head thru a marshall 1960 4x12 cab. Just completely retubed the mesa with some JJ's, sounds niiiiice
My gig rig is the same as my practice rig.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
marshall stack and a distortion pedal....

so whats the point of the stack

the point is I can have a very low distortion and use the pedal for a big boost of distortion come on have some imagination!!
I dont see you asking kirk hammett why he has a stack and pedals...
bedroom rig:
scheter 006 deluxe >
roland cube 20x.

actually a pretty awesome combo
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Recording/Studio

Rockman Sustainer
Rockman Distortion Generator
Rockman Chorus/Delay
MXR dual 15 band EQ
Keyboard amp
Dillion LP
Fender MIM strat

Live:
Laney Protube Lead AOR 50w Combo
Dillion LP
Fender MIM strat
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Digitech/DOD PDS1002 Delay
TC electronics chorus (soon)
Vox 847 (soon)
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
my rig is basically in my sig.

when i'm at home messing around, i usually don't bother with the pedals.
I used the same setup for practice as for gigging; how are you to learn to use it properly otherwise? Anyway, currently (in unfinished form)...

Guitar (LP/Tele Deluxe)

Morley Bad Horsie > Korg Pitchblack > Marshall Jackhammer > Keeley DS1 Ultra > Boss CS3 > MXR 10-band EQ > Biyang CH8 > Biyang AD8

Laney VC30
Quote by Maton+SG
the point is I can have a very low distortion and use the pedal for a big boost of distortion come on have some imagination!!

this is immediately what i thought when i read your post, i've been at a gig where one of the guitarists used a stock Boss DS-1 (along with a whole pedalboard of mostly boss stuffs) to boost a Matchless DC30, and it sounded amazing. proves theres nothing wrong with using a distortion pedal as a boost.

UG's attitude towards distortion pedals really needs to change. I think of distortion pedals as "overdrive pedals with an edge" and use them to interact with a tube amp in the same way i'd use an overdrive. the hard clipping adds a hard edge to my overdrive tone whilst keeping the guitar's tonal qualities intact unlike a fuzzbox which completely squares off everything and makes you sound like super mario bros (in a good way, i might add - i love fuzz!)

I guess this is relevant to the thread because i actually like to use distortion pedals to boost a tube amp more than i like to use overdrives and it is a rig discussion. overdrive pedal into tube overdrive kind of rounds off the sound a bit too much for my liking.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
.. I think of distortion pedals as "overdrive pedals with an edge" and use them to interact with a tube amp in the same way i'd use an overdrive.
Yup. I use my OD for my main crunch/gain sound, and my Distortion for my boost. Ass-backwards but works really well.
Quote by Maton+SG
I dont see you asking kirk hammett why he has a stack and pedals...

Although i agree with using distortion pedals with tube amps, i do it myself, when you see an arsenal of pedals with artists such as Kirk Hammett, maybe only one or two are overdrive/distortion pedals, they get their gain from various high-end tube amps and preamps, and probably have a whole different amp for 'boost'.
Guitar:
Schecter Tempest Extreme with Dimarzio HFH/Super D pickups
Charvel Charvette with SC-sized humbucker in middle position and P-90 in bridge

Effects:
Modded Russian Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech Whammy II
Ibanez CF-7

Amp:
Soon to be upgraded to...whatever. I'm currently unsure what to upgrade my Cube 20 to so I won't stress for a while.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
this is immediately what i thought when i read your post, i've been at a gig where one of the guitarists used a stock Boss DS-1 (along with a whole pedalboard of mostly boss stuffs) to boost a Matchless DC30, and it sounded amazing. proves theres nothing wrong with using a distortion pedal as a boost.

UG's attitude towards distortion pedals really needs to change. I think of distortion pedals as "overdrive pedals with an edge" and use them to interact with a tube amp in the same way i'd use an overdrive. the hard clipping adds a hard edge to my overdrive tone whilst keeping the guitar's tonal qualities intact unlike a fuzzbox which completely squares off everything and makes you sound like super mario bros (in a good way, i might add - i love fuzz!)

I guess this is relevant to the thread because i actually like to use distortion pedals to boost a tube amp more than i like to use overdrives and it is a rig discussion. overdrive pedal into tube overdrive kind of rounds off the sound a bit too much for my liking.

THANK YOU !! WOO Someone Finally Gets me thanks (:

Although i agree with using distortion pedals with tube amps, i do it myself, when you see an arsenal of pedals with artists such as Kirk Hammett, maybe only one or two are overdrive/distortion pedals, they get their gain from various high-end tube amps and preamps, and probably have a whole different amp for 'boost'.

I know that only one or two would be distortion but his still using a distortion pedal with a stack, that was my point but thanks for the info (: