what in the world does that mean? p-w-n-e-d. i cant figure it out (maybe due to my age).
Corruption of the word owned (p is next to o on the qwerty keyboard)
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Originating from owned.. as in "you just got owned". Saying that you were unwilling and professionally beaten at something you tried to do, or that you were humiliated, put down, taken advantage of, ect. It is my personal belief, although I have not researched the origins, that the word "pwnd" came from an abundance of typing errors in the word "ownd", accidentally replacing the "o" with the "p" on a multitude of occasions.
This mass misspelling thus resulted in the most annoying, overly used internet concept since the "rick roll".
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Well, it all started when in Vietnam a P.o.w named Ned got mutilated for talking back and his buddies coined the phrase "pwned" as a figure of speech meaning destroyed or something of that sort. Because most of them were illiterate and traumatized by the acts they saw in the camps they werent really sure hwo to spell powned and just spelled it pwned...
Quote by KaFuCh
Pure Ownage=Pwn

This
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
thanks. i was really getting tired of trying to figure it out. i guess its like epic fail, just overused inter-jargan.
Quote by Trivium
Originating from owned.. as in "you just got owned". Saying that you were unwilling and professionally beaten at something you tried to do, or that you were humiliated, put down, taken advantage of, ect. It is my personal belief, although I have not researched the origins, that the word "pwnd" came from an abundance of typing errors in the word "ownd", accidentally replacing the "o" with the "p" on a multitude of occasions.
This mass misspelling thus resulted in the most annoying, overly used internet concept since the "rick roll".

Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
I never really knew, but whenever I hear someone say it out loud, I want to punch their face in.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I never really knew, but whenever I hear someone say it out loud, I want to punch their face in.

Do it. And Say "Pwned"
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
I thought it was a chess reference combined with owned.

"I pwned your knight"
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by 0RI0N
This

Not This.

It's a spelling error from 'owned'
Someone accidentally wrote 'pwned'

..it just took off.

Quote by Seth Shadows
You're all morons.

Perfectly Owned.

Pwned.

I think you'll find you're the moron.
It's a spelling error.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Seth Shadows
You're all morons.

Perfectly Owned.

Pwned.

Must be that we are, because I've never heard that definition in my life. You must be the sole epitome of intelligence on such matters as slang words, and internet epidemics. Enjoy your glory.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium
Must be that we are, because I've never heard that definition in my life. You must be the sole epitome of intelligence on such matters as slang words, and internet epidemics. Enjoy your glory.

PWND
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by Vauxite
Not This.

It's a spelling error from 'owned'
Someone accidentally wrote 'pwned'

..it just took off.

It's a spelling error.

What this guy says.

It's originally from the gaming community, when people would mistype "owned" as "pwned" due to the close proximity of "o" and "p" on their keyboards.

Etymology
The word "pwn" may have arisen and spread as a common typo of the word "own," since the 'p' and 'o' keys are adjacent on a standard English keyboard.[3]
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Vauxite

It's a spelling error.

Seriously, Check your sarcasm radar.
I think it's broken.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by KaFuCh
Pure Ownage=Pwn

This

pwnt is also an acceptable variant
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by pwnerer
My name pwns... Actually I wish I could change it...

We all kinda wish we could change our names.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by slaveofsatan

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Its a spelling error of owned.

Started off in the early days of online gaming apparently and just took off from then.

PSN ID: ArranP
Anyone who says 'pwned' any way other than 'owned' is a faggot and must die.

Anyhow, the misspelling theory is the truth, to be exact in one of the quake games a developer misspelled it as 'owned' was to be one of the insults it would say as you kill someone, just as the 'holy sh*t' and 'godlike' etc were. These were the first days of serious online gaming and Quake was the place to be, with the Quake community saying 'pwned' it quickly engulfed the other smaller online gaming communities who pretty much followed suit and it has never left the internet since.

'Pwned' is NOT a meme, meme's are just bollocks which took over the internet at some point along the line and stopped it being funny.
Quote by slaveofsatan

I don't, I like my username
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ