I don't really understand why no one brings this band up more. They are savage and easily as good as Sodom if not better.

Tunage in case you haven't heard them yet...

http://www.myspace.com/protectorger

Discuss
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
No, German band.
great band, love the Misanthropy EP
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
At least you two like them too.

I don't get why they are overlooked.
I think I made a Protector thread a long time ago. They are great, but not as great as the mighty Sodom.
I looked around. MH was the only I saw that made mention of them.
"To The Death is honoured to re-release the first three albums by the mighty teutonic thrash/death band PROTECTOR.
"Misanthrophy", "Golem" and "Urm the Mad" will finally be avaliable on vinyl again. "Misanthrophy" ,this time as a full lenght with the "Protectors of Death" demo and the re-recorded Death Attack tracks as bonus (with Missy on vocals).
Always an underdog in the german scene PROTECTOR here shows why they as good
–or better- than other more well known teutonic warmongers.
All three to be released autumn 2011 with the usual TTD treatment incl. fanzine style booklets with tons of info and Martin Missy update by our own Nicola Costantini.
More info will follow as things evolve.
In hoc signo vinces"
Cronis & Micke

Unreal.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Class.

HOLYYY!! INQUISITIOOON!!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Also, IHATE have repressed copies of 'Echoes From The Past'. Saw it today in my distro check.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Decent. I've only really heard Golem though, downloaded on a whim because of the cheesy artwork and ended up really liking it. How do the others stand up to Golem?
All I have is Echoes from The Past and Ominous Message of Brutality, but all the lps and eps contained in those are absolutely worth getting. Ca-pita-schism!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Wow that's great news, been trying to acquire some Protector albums for a loooong time. Any idea about CD's being re-issued? I'm really gonna have to start a vinyl collection here shortly..
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Greg over at eat metal records has copies of the compilations in stock alright...not sure about individual album reissues though!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Thanks, I might just pick up the comps then.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
This is awesome, reminds me of Morbid Scream among other things. The vocals are very vicious.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.