well basicly... my band needs something we could record our demos with and improve stuff... so we dont need any studio quality or whatever....
and yeha the question is quite simple... recording drums with 4 mics plugged into toneport ux2 (2 via mic input, 2 via jack input)
would that work?
anybody has any expirience with this?

thanks =)

EDIT:
oh and yeha..
we would use it to record vocals, guitars and bass aswell xD but seperate from drums ofc =).. just so you guys wouldnt think we only want to record drums thru ux2

regards serjem
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Nabavi si mešalko in dei iz mešalke v Toneporta in Toneporta na comp.

translate:

Get a mixing board and plug mics into it and then plug the mixing board into your computer using Toneport.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
Nabavi si mešalko in dei iz mešalke v Toneporta in Toneporta na comp.

translate:

Get a mixing board and plug mics into it and then plug the mixing board into your computer using Toneport.

to že prakticiram, le brez toneporta, kar direkt v pc, in zvok je zanič

translate:
sounds like the way i record drums now, except that i dont run this whole thing thru toneport, (pc directly) and the sound sux =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
adding the tone port means that your sound isn't going to use your soundcard on the computer to inport the sound.

getting a firewire interface with 8ish inputs would be ideal.

I don't think that the toneport is going to take all 4 inputs at once and if it does its going to mix them all down to one track. You can get away with a two mic approach for sure though with this set up.

-Ryan
You cant select the back input jacks and the front mic jacks at the same time last time I checked...

I suggest just getting a larger interface as a mixer and small interface add up and price...
Or you could just use two mics in the room...

Look on ebay for a used M-Audio Fast Track Ultra or even a PreSonus FP10
The Fast Track goes for $350 and the FP10 for $400. Im sure you could find the M-Audio for $300 on ebay.