Page 1 of 4
Sorry for making this thread that probably has been made a million times, but I was just curious.
Was it an acoustic? A classical? An electric?
A Mandolin? I hope not, but kudos if it was.
Which company made it and what song did you learn first?

This is my example.

Even if I'm getting a japanese strat TOMORROW (and my Xbox will be lonely as I will play it to death), my first real guitar was my grandfather's expensive antique-looking classical guitar more than 80 year old guitar that he got when he was in high school.
It's an amazing sounding guitar, really, and it NEVER goes out of tune when I leave it alone for some odd reason.
The only gripe was that it buzzes a lot when I play chords.

The first songs I learned were Sunshine of Your Love, the riff of Smoke on the Water, the riff of Seven Nation Army, and Love Me Do.
Still working on Sunshine now to really perfect it, and I will do the same when I get my white rosewood-fingerboard strat tomorrow.
Last edited by radomu at Dec 22, 2008,
my first guitar was a cheap fender squire and the first song I ever learned was Holiday by Green Day
First guitar was some crap Ibanez starter package. Smoke on the Water was my first riff, too. Imagine that...

Oh yea. Just bought my first acoustic the other day, a Yamaha FG700s, I love it!
Peavey Raptor whatever from a peavey starter pack the first song i learned was... hmm i think it was Maldito Duende by Heroes Del Silencio... it took me quite a while to get it rofl
Can You Tell a Killer From A Saviour?
well i also had (and still do) a crap ibanez. i also have a yamaha acoustic, its also an fg model. my first riff was sunshine of your love. my 1st guitar solo was hear full of soul. my fist whole song was smells like teen spirit.
My first was some kinda $150 yamaha electric i got for christmas a few years ago. Brain stew by Green Day was my first
squire start pack and i learned the smoke on the water riff the first day
then i didnt play for like 6 months and i learned baby you wouldnt last a minute on the creek by chiodos
Quote by MCone
First guitar was some crap Ibanez starter package. Smoke on the Water was my first riff, too. Imagine that...

Oh yea. Just bought my first acoustic the other day, a Yamaha FG700s, I love it!

I guess I'll be eventually getting a proper acoustic in the close future, probably an ovation.

my first guitar was a Gibson/maestro Acoustic. The first song i learned all the way was Enter Sandman...The first riff was Iron Man

Funny story, I played Iron man on my low sustain classical gutiar and playing the part where you do hammerons and pull offs on frets 7 and 8 doesn't seem to work on a friggin acoustic.
The first guitar i played was a MIM Fender Strat that I borrowed from my uncle for the first year I played.

The first guitar i owned was an ESP H-50, which is about a $200 guitar.

Then my uncle gave me the Strat about a year and a half later.

Then my parents gave me a Gibson Les Paul GT for my bday about 6 months back. =]
My Gear:

Gibson Les Paul GT "No Flames"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
ESP LTD H-50
Line 6 Spider III 75w 1x12
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
A harley benton SG I still practice with it over my strat sometimes cause it has quite a nice neck
El. Guitar: Ibanez GRG170DX
Riff: Come As You Are - Nirvana
Song: Happy Birthday (to youuuuu)! LOL
I must stop wasting time in The Pit and practice!
My first guitar was my acoustic. Yamaha F335. I still have it and use it, it's a great guitar.
Quote by radomu

Funny story, I played Iron man on my low sustain classical gutiar and playing the part where you do hammerons and pull offs on frets 7 and 8 doesn't seem to work on a friggin acoustic.

i know..hammer-ons and pull-offs on acoustics are hard as hell to do..idk if its the neck, the strings or something else
Mine was just a strat copy.

First piece of music I ever learnt... erm the solo to Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Jedit: That was my first Electric.

My first ever guitar was a 3/4 Aria acoustic.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
The first proper guitar I played was my dad's Jackson strat but the first guitar I got was a Ibeza. The first song I learnt to play was Avril Lavigne's Nobody's Home, it's so easy to play =]
My first guitar was an Ibanez GAX30. First song was Glycerine by Bush.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
my first guitar was kay strat copy ..... and the 1st riff was n.i.b by sabbath (the intro)
my guitars:
~Epiphone: Zakk wylde- custom bullseye
~Dean cadillac select
~JACKSON: JS30-RR-RANDY RHOADS
~epiphone: Les Paul Special-II
~crestwood: acoustic electric
~rogue: acoustic guitar
~Kay: electric Guitar strat body style (my 1st guitar)
my first guitar was given to me by my gf. It is a squier waynes world 2 strat made in japan aruond 92-93 ish.

The first and only guitar I actually bought was a RG321mh whcih i sold and use the squier now.

First song I learned... I dont remember.. Mostly just failed at riffs but I remember the first full length song I learned was YYZ or Sweet child o mine
My first guitar was a squire strat starter kit
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
The first guitar I actually played was my Dad's semi-acoustic made by some company called Columbus in the early 70s.

My first guitar was a 1987 Fender Strat. Black with white scratch plate, and rosewood fingerboard.
Still have it, and still love it.

In fact my only other guitar is a cheap Westfield left-hand acoustic.
Looking at building a left hand strat from Warmoth in about a year, with no pickups!
Just a Graphtech piezo bridge for MIDI use.

First songs I learnt were House of the Rising Sun, and Iron Man.
(After the basic 12 bar blues shuffle pattern that covers a few million songs)
Right handed guitarist trying to learn to play lefty after a ten year break, and a severe left-hand injury!

Wish me luck ;-)
Quote by RmB303
The first guitar I actually played was my Dad's semi-acoustic made by some company called Columbus in the early 70s.

My first guitar was a 1987 Fender Strat. Black with white scratch plate, and rosewood fingerboard.
Still have it, and still love it.

In fact my only other guitar is a cheap Westfield left-hand acoustic.
Looking at building a left hand strat from Warmoth in about a year, with no pickups!
Just a Graphtech piezo bridge for MIDI use.

First songs I learnt were House of the Rising Sun, and Iron Man.
(After the basic 12 bar blues shuffle pattern that covers a few million songs)

I heard House of the Rising Sun was a very good song to learn first.
first acoustics was my moms and i dunno where it is so i dunno the brand i googled the brand once and couldn't find anything my first song all the way through was scottie doesnt know( my name is scott) my first song on my electric which is a lyon by washburn was knights of cydonia
my first guitar should be arriving next Monday! it's a PRS Tremonti SE I bought used. since I don't have it yet, I obviously haven't learned any songs.
My first guitar was a Classical guitar. I think it was Jassmine or something, I'm not quite sure. All I know, is playing crazy train was really, REALLY hard on it. And then, 2 years later, I got a crappy electric guitar called "FS series by Aria pro II". and then I got a Schecter S-1 and after playing those other two guitars, this one felt like magic.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
my first guitar was an epiphone les paul ultra (great guitar) the first song i learned was thunderstruck by ac/dc, i spent forever on that song, and my grades dropped about 10 points then
Squier strat pack that I returned the next day, so that doesnt really count...

Got a nice wine red HSS MIM Strat the next day.

First riff: Nirvana intro to Come As You Are
First guitar... some crappy Washburn lyon or something idk copy off of a strat, it didn't even come with all the screws on the bridge Dx
I learned the 1st 5 notes to Smoke on the Water or something idk maybe the full riff but ima try and play Megadeth Symphony of Destruction now (yeah im a n00b)
my first one was a cheap acoustic spanish guitar.
don't remember my first song. started learning a crapload of easy songs as soon as I picked up the guitar
First guitar: Peavey Razer, I picked it out at a local pawn shop and mom bought it for me. (Wish I still had it)

First song: Metallica's One

This was ~1988 or 1989 or so.
Well I just started learning a couple weeks ago and I have an Epiphone PR-150 and the first riff I learned was Wonderwall - Oasis
Jay Turser Les Paul copy. The first song I learned was black label by Lamb of God >
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
My first I was a good ole' Squier. Red with a white pick guard.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
My 1st guitar EVER!!

---------------
some guy made the guitar years and years ago.

it was detailed and nice but not set up right.

had schallers tho! =)
but they were kinda old. =(

the inlays were all custom, stars and wierd symbols.

The body was custom cut and a really wierd shape.

edit: 1st song: Hells Bells - AC/DC
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by Rave765
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAIJX40

And I still have it's my only one

Cheer up, at least you have a guitar to play, unlike thousands who are too poor and whatnot to get one.

Mines was a Strat copy by Tanglewood. I took it all apart now though.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by MT in Austin
Peavey T15

First song learned completely was Falling in Love by The Scorpions

awesome guitar!

you still have it?
Mine was a Dean Evo XM, reallly gorgeous first guitar, still play it now
Possibly one of the best necks I've ever played.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Page 1 of 4