our bassist had an ego problem, so we kicked him out of the band. findong a new bass player is harder then it seems, so i just took my POG and set it an octave down when me and the rest of the band jams.

one question: will this have negative effects on my amplifier? i heard that the frequencies that basses hit when playing through a guitar amp can mess up your amp. so will playing an octave down with a POG (or any other octaver like a Whammy or a Boss OC-2) have negative effects on an amp?

EDIT: my amp is a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.
well, as far as i know it doesnt have the same effect a bass does because of the thickenss of the vibrations of the tone. I broke a guitar amp in school and with a bass so i nkow for a fact that damages it very fast. ( and it was an expensive amp and bass.
It should be fine. POGs (and whammies, etc) were designed for guitar amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by nightraven
your amp will be fine

otherwise octave down effects wouldn't exist

well, i dont think they were intended to be played for extended periods of time.

but thanks for the answers. and if the POG breaks my amp, i'll sue EHX and give you guys a free strat!
Quote by jack15_11
well, as far as i know it doesnt have the same effect a bass does because of the thickenss of the vibrations of the tone. I broke a guitar amp in school and with a bass so i nkow for a fact that damages it very fast. ( and it was an expensive amp and bass.

Yeah, the pog isn't pruducing the some overtones and harmonic frequencies as a bass guitar would--hence why a guitar with an octave down pedal sounds nothing like a real bass guitar. Should be fine, though it might sound pretty neat if you route the octave down sound to a cheap, clean bass amp while running the rest of the signal to your guitar amp.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Yeah, the pog isn't producing the some overtones and harmonic frequencies as a bass guitar would--hence why a guitar with an octave down pedal sounds nothing like a real bass guitar. Should be fine, though it might sound pretty neat if you route the octave down sound to a cheap, clean bass amp while running the rest of the signal to your guitar amp.

hmmmm.... i may have to try that. just get a signal splitter and route it to a cheap bass amp to be miked? sounds do able.

new Question: whats a good cheap bass amp?
Quote by failsauce
hmmmm.... i may have to try that. just get a signal splitter and route it to a cheap bass amp to be miked? sounds do able.

new Question: whats a good cheap bass amp?

with the micropog you won't even need a splitter, it has a seperate wet and dry out.
Check out the bass forum faq for decent sounding starter amps. Honestly it's just reinforcing the rhythm guitar, so you don't need a lot of bass volume a 100, 150 watt combo would probably do the trick in most venus un-miced (and most even that size will have nice DI outs on them anyway). You wouldn't need as big of an amp as a real bass player would.

Edit* overlooked where you said you already owned the regular pog. At least a simple splitter is cheap to buy/build.