Has anyone done this, or know roughly how to? I have a X2N, Evolution, and Air Norton and want to put them in my Eastwood Airline Town and Country DLX guitar, which has 3 pickups and a seperate volume and tone pot for each one (so many wires!?).

I can't find any circuitry diagrams for such an operation,... any experts out there, please?

Thanks in advance.
I've attached a file for you. It's just a modified Seymour Duncan wiring diagram to reflect the small changes based off the Dimarzio installation instructions found on their website.

Since all 3 of those pickups are 4 conductor, and you have a separate volume and tone for each one, simplify it by thinking of them as 3 separate wiring diagrams.

Wire each one like shown and when it's all said and done, you shoul have 3 red wires connected to the hot lug of your output jack and one black/ground wire connected to the ground lug of the output jack and the other end connected to a pot. Connect/ground the back of all your pots together and you should be good to go.

You didn't mention a switch though. If you have one I'm assuming it will be a strat style. If you have one, let me know and I'll put one in the schematic for you if you need me to. I'm feeling generous today.

Edit: Ignore the cap value for the tone control. i forgot to erase it. use whatever one comes with the dimarzios
Attachments:
1hum_1vol_1tone.jpg
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Last edited by MeanwiththeDean at Dec 22, 2008,
Thanks greatly for that, I will try it out right away!

As for a switch, the guitar has a 3-way switch, one for each pickup it seems.
Quote by joeddmorgan
Thanks greatly for that, I will try it out right away!

As for a switch, the guitar has a 3-way switch, one for each pickup it seems.

toggle switch (gibson style) or lever switch (fender style)?

Edit: Never mind. I just looked it up HERE and the switch does look like it selects one at a time. But the good news is that it looks like you might be able to fit a 5 way switch in there instead of the 3-way you have now. With the one you have now, you are limited to only one pickup at a time. With the 5 way you could select any pickup individually or neck and middle at the same time and middle and bridge at the same time, or any combination that you want really. it's worth looking into.
Guitar:

Amplifier

Last edited by MeanwiththeDean at Dec 22, 2008,
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea, definetly something to look into in the future.
So, just to be sure, when installing the pickup with this configuration, I will only have to deal with the tone / volume pots and not the pickup selector-switch?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to post that image in a larger size? (I'm finding it slightly difficult to read to writing)

Thanks.
Quote by joeddmorgan
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea, definetly something to look into in the future.
So, just to be sure, when installing the pickup with this configuration, I will only have to deal with the tone / volume pots and not the pickup selector-switch?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to post that image in a larger size? (I'm finding it slightly difficult to read to writing)

Thanks.

You don't have to deal with the pickup selector switch if you don't want to. You can eliminate it in your wiring scheme all-together and use the volume pots to select which pickups are in use.

If you want to use the pickup selector switch you're going to have to take some good quality pictures of the wiring in your guitar around that area in order for me to know how to wire up that switch. I've never encountered it before.

Message me your email address and I'll send it to you in a larger size. That's the only size UG allowed me to post in the thread.
Guitar:

Amplifier

Dean,

I saw this post and you also offered to help him install a 5-way switch if he choose to. Well...I have the same guitar and would love to put a 5-way in mine. Although I am still relatively new to circuits & mods, I am very handy with a soldering gun and can follow directions well. Do you recommend any particular brand for the new switch? Should I send you a pic that shows how the original is connected? I tired to view the wiring schematic you linked to but it has been removed.

Thanks,
Russ

PS- Feel free to respond to my email- RussellKelbaugh@gmail.com
Last edited by The Kebash at Mar 4, 2012,