Acoustics tend to have higher action, so you have to push the string down further, that and the strings are thicker and the tension is higher.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
I dont know if there's an actual answer
there is more sustain on an electric guitar and in general the strings are much finer and easier to manipulate just as bending is easier,
I do believe its the amount of sustain on the notes that makes them hard
Also the vibration for a hammer-on/ pull off is very weak compared to a strum or pick, so it does'nt get amplified very much.

You need to do them alot harder on an acoustic to make them sound as loud as a picked note.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Birchall17
Acoustics tend to have higher action, so you have to push the string down further, that and the strings are thicker and the tension is higher.

+1

"I have better things to do...
Like play with my balls."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

you gotta work on em, get your fingertips nice and hard and they'll be easier to do and sound better
Idk but on electric they are really easy especially on my RG
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i play my acoustic mostly, and i'm actually surprised when i get a real loud hammer on when i play my electric (about 10% of the time).

Really they aren't hard at all
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
It's a combination of higher action, heavier gauge strings, and lack of practice that makes hammers and pulls difficult on an acoustic vs. an electric. Nobody ever said it would be easy. Well, somebody probably did, but they were wrong.
Quote by darkwolf291
i never said i couldnt do them..i was just wondering why they were harder

They wont be if you practice. It just takes tiiiime. Be patient.
Quote by GC Shred Off
They wont be if you practice. It just takes tiiiime. Be patient.

its true, then your electric will seem too easy (if you have one)
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
they are not metallic strings, so they dont really sound good, it sounds really weak, and it doesnt sound good
well acoustic definetly needs more strength, as the strings are harder to press, and actions higher and of course because its not amplified like electric. so u just need to build ur fingers right, enabling you to do it with enough force, it gets much easier later on
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory