Page 1 of 9
not really my cup of tea
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
They're fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
Quote by Alexander_BR
I really liked Grandfather. I find it nice that Hardcore bands are actually playing good stuff, only thing that puts me off are the vocals.

i like there vocals they express alot of emotion
Been listening to these guys for awhile. Love the songs Jesus and Tori, and Jay Walking Backwards.
i like a lotta there older stuff...jesus and tori, civeta dei, like a cat...there newer stuff is good, i like el pinata de la muerte, jay walking, and the weekly wars, grandfather..i just like there older stuff more
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
really good band. Mathcore is NOT a genre
That loser shit's right out the window!
the older stuff is good especily civeta die
Math core is a genre
its hard core with polyrythmetic time signatures
Quote by moshtradomus93
the older stuff is good especily civeta die
Math core is a genre
its hard core with polyrythmetic time signatures

Ugh, do you realize how stupid that sounds. I mean, at least when Internal Chaos defends it he gives reasonable arguments such as more than just playing in odd time signatures and polyrhythms.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by tomohawkjoe
Ugh, do you realize how stupid that sounds. I mean, at least when Internal Chaos defends it he gives reasonable arguments such as more than just playing in odd time signatures and polyrhythms.

hey asshole
i looked it up thats the musical definition of mathcore
so do ur ****ing research before u call me an idiot
Good band but I don't really like Mongrel, aside from Jay Walking Backwards and The Weekly Wars.
Quote by moshtradomus93
hey asshole

Looked it up where?

Wikipedia?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by moshtradomus93
hey asshole

hey you!

you're 11 years old!
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by zayG
hey you!

you're 11 years old!

\no im actually 16
and how come the only way anyone can express them selves is by being total dicks
Quote by MustangMan311
God, I hope you're a troll.

Give me one example of The Number 12 playing in polyrhythms.

bambi the hooker and a case of beer
dont get blood on my prada shoes
count that out ur self bro
Quote by MustangMan311
Give me one example of The Number 12 playing in polyrhythms.

Even though I'd argue mathcore being a genre, I support this statement. The Number 12 doesn't use polyrhythms.

On another note, I love this band, even though they're boring as hell live.

EDIT:
^Neither of those songs have polyrhythms.
Last edited by saxaxe at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by saxaxe
Even though I'd argue mathcore being a genre, I support this statement. The Number 12 doesn't use polyrhythms.

On another note, I love this band, even though they're boring as hell live.

EDIT:
^Neither of those songs have polyrhythms.

when i saw them live the singer started a conga line on stage
Quote by MustangMan311
The only thing I can come up with is maybe conflicting phrasing in both, but no polyrhythms.

Exactly. There will be times where things don't exactly "line up", but it's all the same time signature.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by moshtradomus93
also GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW MATHCORE IS NOT A GENRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, last time I checked, the waltz, as well as the occasional bossa nova are determined by time signature and phrasing, but are considered styles. I know that I've heard Necrophagist play the waltz, as well as Brahms, and I know that I've heard BTBAM play bossa, as well as I've heard the Number 12 play flamenco. As far as I can tell, the only genre possibly defined by time signature is rock, obviously with 4/4, but we all should know damn well that Floyd didn't stay in 4, and that blues rock comes in 6/8, 12/8, and all kinds of variations. Also, give me an example of how Meshuggah, who is probably the most widely known band who makes use of polyrhythms, is in any way, shape, or form a derivative of hardcore. Mathcore is not a genre.
Quote by MustangMan311
Well, last time I checked, the waltz, as well as the occasional bossa nova are determined by time signature and phrasing, but are considered styles. I know that I've heard Necrophagist play the waltz, as well as Brahms, and I know that I've heard BTBAM play bossa, as well as I've heard the Number 12 play flamenco. As far as I can tell, the only genre possibly defined by time signature is rock, obviously with 4/4, but we all should know damn well that Floyd didn't stay in 4, and that blues rock comes in 6/8, 12/8, and all kinds of variations. Also, give me an example of how Meshuggah, who is probably the most widely known band who makes use of polyrhythms, is in any way, shape, or form a derivative of hardcore. Mathcore is not a genre.

thats a ****ty example
u just defined mathcore and used a bunch of big musical theory words to try and contridict it

plus theres not only mathcore
thats just one form
theres also mathmetal
and mathrock
if u want u could consider messhugah or whatever mathmetal
Quote by moshtradomus93
thats a ****ty example
u just defined mathcore and used a bunch of big musical theory words to try and contridict it

thats just one form
theres also mathmetal
and mathrock

4/4 is a big musical theory word?
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by moshtradomus93
thats a ****ty example

thats just one form
theres also mathmetal
and mathrock

Chrissake, at least use a legitimate argument if you're going to argue something.
I'd say mathcore is a genre just as much as deathcore, metalcore or powerviolence. A genre is nothing more than a description of a band's sound in order for classification purposes. The bands considered mathcore have a distinctive, unique sound, and AREN'T purely defined by the time signatures, although that is an element to the sound. (Polyrhythms really have nothing to do with this).

Ok now I consider mathcore a genre. So do you. MustangMan doesn't. Get over it and talk about the band.
Quote by moshtradomus93
thats a ****ty example

thats just one form
theres also mathmetal
and mathrock

What I'm trying to say is this:

Time signature doesn't determine genre, but style. If a classical composer played in 7/8, then 6/4, then 6/8, and then a metal band did the same, are they both the same genre?
i was he was being a doushe bag!!!!! talking abought "Math cores not a genre blah blah blah"
trying to be mister know it all musician
Quote by moshtradomus93

Notice that it calls mathcore "a rhythmically complex and dissonant style of metalcore".

It's a style derived from metalcore. Not a separate genre.
Quote by moshtradomus93
heres something else
the number 12 is in this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathcore_bands

lol that lists Misery Signals, Architects, Heavy Heavy Low Low, and Norma Jean as mathcore.

Just proves once and for all that Wikipedia is THE SOURCE OF ALL INFORMATION 100% CORRECT EVER.

Quote by saxaxe
lol that lists Misery Signals, Architects, Heavy Heavy Low Low, and Norma Jean as mathcore.

Just proves once and for all that Wikipedia is THE SOURCE OF ALL INFORMATION 100% CORRECT EVER.

Haha, but it also lists Botch, so Norma Jean fits!
Quote by saxaxe

i dont nessesarly agree that normajean is mathcore,or heavy heavy low low

but i think that the number 12 is
Quote by MustangMan311
Notice that it calls mathcore "a rhythmically complex and dissonant style of metalcore".

It's a style derived from metalcore. Not a separate genre.

what r u trying to prove
metal core is derived from hard core and metal
do i need to post the definition of metal core too?
do we need to argue about that?