It really isnt like it used to be..
Demented are go & The Meteors still rocks the world.
But does anyone know any DECENT Psycho groups these days?
No Tiger Army or Nekromantix for me thanks Lol.
Tiger Army is probably the worst band I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to GG Allin for **** sake.

Quote by Beakwithteeth
I have always wondered why this genre isn't good (as far as I have heard). It seems like every band is WAY generic. Also this could probably go in Punk and Ska.

Totally agree.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I hate Tiger Army. Everyone in my town loves them and thinks they are the best thing to happen to anything but I just don't see it.

My girlfriend has seen 'em like 4 times. I'm like dear god women that **** is awful.
Tiger Army arnt even Psychobilly.
What're they? Neo-rockabilly?
I Dunno.
The Cramps are an amazing band. But Poison Ivy did say they dont class themselves as Pschobilly for the only reason, They Dont use a upright bass.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Tiger Army can't be neo-rockabilly. They don't have the sound. Isn't psychobilly by definition rockabilly mixed with punk? They are hardly either. They are like ****ty new wave with an upright bass player. Upright bass doesn't instantly make a band rockabilly.

**** I don't know really what is psychobilly because I don't even like rockabilly. To me it's just country without the twang and the twang is my favorite part. The cloest thing I like to psychobilly would be when Hank III starts rockin the Hellbilly or Th' Legendary Shackshakers. Now that's psychobilly should be bunch of crazy hillbillies.
Tiger Army is very good compared to a lot of the newer psychobilly bands. I think Tiger Army and Nekromantix are the only psychobilly bands I like that don't seem to have a big rockabilly influence.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by fattypumbaa
**** I don't know really what is psychobilly because I don't even like rockabilly. To me it's just country without the twang and the twang is my favorite part.

Are you talking like "real" original rockabilly?? Like Buddy Holly and Bill Hailey and The Comets? Even Elvis Presley. They had twang man, they were just like more aggressive country.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Are you talking like "real" original rockabilly?? Like Buddy Holly and Bill Hailey and The Comets? Even Elvis Presley. They had twang man, they were just like more aggressive country.

I dig the early Elvis like the Sun years after that he was a fat old has been in way over his head. Chuck Berry is the King of Rock N Roll. As for my previous statement it's just rockabilly never took on me. I like pedal steel and honky tonk too much to like rockabilly since it's sort of sped up country without steel.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Yeah Elvis wasn't that good, he was a pretty good singer with pretty boy looks. I love Buddy Holly with all my heart though.

Yeah I don't care much for Buddy Holly. I'm thankful for him though without him Waylon wouldn't be the Waylon that we've all grown to love.