I know, another which pup thread. I was recently lucky enough to win an Epi LP Studio Ebony in the drowning Pool contest and was looking at eventually changing the pickups out for something a bit better.

I play mainly music like Seether, Jet, Saliva, etc. I am not sure which pickups will fit without routing, etc. I am not looking at EMGs. I have them in my LP standard.

Would Seymour Duncans give me a nice sound.

I know that my amp will be the deciding factor, but this LP seems a bit "tinny" compaired to my standard with EMGs on the same settings.

Edit: I am looking into Dirty Fingers for a possibility. Will they fit without modding the guitar?

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 22, 2008,
well for a ''BIG'' sound check out the SH-8 Invader...but it's muddy people say.
I love it...I like a little bit of muddiness...Can't wait to get my Custom LP in bout 2 weeks.

Maybe a SH-6 or SH-5 would fit you...but what sound are you looking for?
which bands and stuff...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
well for a ''BIG'' sound check out the SH-8 Invader...but it's muddy people say.
I love it...I like a little bit of muddiness...Can't wait to get my Custom LP in bout 2 weeks.

Maybe a SH-6 or SH-5 would fit you...but what sound are you looking for?
which bands and stuff...

Bands like Seether, Jet, Theory of a Deadman, Saliva, and some Metallica. Not too much on the clean channel, mostly overdrive and distortion.

Perhaps an Invader in the bridge and leave the Alnico in the neck?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 22, 2008,