Can you be more specific?

Bands, guitarists you want to sound like/play music like?

What's your amp?

What's your budget?

Have you got a guitar store nearby that you could visit?
Quote by moshtradomus93
which guitar would be best for playing hardcore music

The guitar you try and like.
^ This.
Hardcore punk (which i assume what you mean by hardcore) is more about the amp than the guitar, so you want to get an amp with the meat needed for hardcore music
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
when i say hardcore im refering to the more metalcore sound
i already have a fender strat and a peavey predator
Quote by moshtradomus93
when i say hardcore im refering to the more metalcore sound
i already have a fender strat and a peavey predator

You know it really is all in your playing ability
You can make any guitar a hardcore/metalcore guitar
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
You know it really is all in your playing ability
You can make any guitar a hardcore/metalcore guitar

^^agreed,
like tenacious D, they make acoustic guitars sound pretty darn heavy...
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.

Quote by Abunai X

Wtf are ass beads?

EDIT: Never mind. I googled them. That's disgusting.
Do you mean hardcore or scene/metal/t3hbr00talz?

Hardcore, I'd go with an SG or Les Paul or something similar.

Otherwise something pointy will make everyone know how br00tal you are.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
A strat for hardcore or metalcore= fail.

I'd go with a a Les Paul or and SG...unless you want somthing with a tremelo, which you shouldn't realy need for core music, but if so, I'd say Schecter of Ibanez, but that's just me.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by RockAddict311
I ****ing hate metal core.....it mostly the tuning that matters. Drop C all the way to Drop A

Stop trolling
Not all metalcore/hardcore bands are in Drop C or below

Lamb of God, The Devil Wears Prada, Attack Attack!, and A Skylit Drive are all in Drop D tuning
Quote by HLrocker

I'd go with a a Les Paul or and SG...unless you want somthing with a tremelo, which you shouldn't realy need for core music, but if so, I'd say Schecter of Ibanez, but that's just me.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen Strat's produce some pretty intense sounds. In fact the Fender I own, in my opinion, is one of the most versatile guitars I've ever played.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Last edited by slpbaseb12 at Dec 22, 2008,
Thomas Erik uses an LP Double Cutaway.

So any solid-body really.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
my guitar is a schecter.. which is a brand used by the devil wears prada. drop dead, gorgeous comes to mind too, but i'm not real sure.
actually erak doesnt use a Lp Double cut anymore cause he broke it at a show
he uses a variety of Flying Vs, Lp standards,And Sgs
i think i even saw him with a ESP once
almost any solidbody guitar would be fine for metalcore I think....

You should worry about the shape lol, cause if you're playing metalcore with an LP you'll look like an idiot
Quote by slpbaseb12
You have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen Strat's produce some pretty intense sounds. In fact the Fender I own, in my opinion, is one of the most versatile guitars I've ever played.

Actually, I do know what I'm talking about. Go to guitar center and pick up a strat and try playing some metal. Sound good. sure. Now pick up Schecter and play the same thing. sounds better. Cuase that's what it's built for. Strats are ideal for blues/softer rock genres. thats just how it is.

Yeh, you can mod one out and drop in some EMG's and it would sound metal...I'm just saying in general, a stock strat isn't the best for metal.

Have a nice day, douche.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
If you plan on using Drop tunings only, you could always look into a Baritone, or maybe a seven string if you still want your high E.
i play the devil wears prada music all the time with my les paul and it sounds fine. but i would go look at schecter's. because thats what they use.
Yeh, I use my LP for hardcore/metalcore type stuff and it sounds pretty good for it I think. Plus it's more versitle than alot of the guitars made to be 'metal guitars'
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
Stop trolling
Not all metalcore/hardcore bands are in Drop C or below

Lamb of God, The Devil Wears Prada, Attack Attack!, and A Skylit Drive are all in Drop D tuning

The Devil Wears Prada is one ****ed up name for a band, man.

Lamb of God is the **** though. Outrto riff to Omerta? <3
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by HLrocker
Actually, I do know what I'm talking about. Go to guitar center and pick up a strat and try playing some metal. Sound good. sure. Now pick up Schecter and play the same thing. sounds better. Cuase that's what it's built for. Strats are ideal for blues/softer rock genres. thats just how it is.

Yeh, you can mod one out and drop in some EMG's and it would sound metal...I'm just saying in general, a stock strat isn't the best for metal.

Have a nice day, douche.

I don't need to go to Guitar Center and pick up a strat.. I own one. Granted, it's an HSS which isn't a "classic strat" but it did come like that stock, and I can produce some great metal tones with it. I'm helped a bit by my XXX and eq, but you don't need a Jackson or Schecter to produce a metal sound. Is it easier? Sure, but I contend it's more about the amp than the guitar.

Kirk Hammet has used Strats, Iron Maiden uses Strats, Malmsteen uses Strats, and that's some high gain ****.

You're right though, a stock strat isn't "the best" for metal... but you said in your original post that

It most certainly doesn't = fail...or whatever all the internet kids say these days.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Quote by slpbaseb12
I don't need to go to Guitar Center and pick up a strat.. I own one. Granted, it's an HSS which isn't a "classic strat" but it did come like that stock, and I can produce some great metal tones with it. I'm helped a bit by my XXX and eq, but you don't need a Jackson or Schecter to produce a metal sound. Is it easier? Sure, but I contend it's more about the amp than the guitar.

Kirk Hammet has used Strats, Iron Maiden uses Strats, Malmsteen uses Strats, and that's some high gain ****.

You're right though, a stock strat isn't "the best" for metal... but you said in your original post that

It most certainly doesn't = fail...or whatever all the internet kids say these days.

my Peavy Predator has an HSS config
Quote by slpbaseb12

he's talking about different music than you're thinking. Hardcore and Metalcore are pretty different than Malmsteen... O_O lol and ****ing Iron Maiden...

they're talking about more modern stuff, where a stock strat (i don't care if it does have a humbucker, not gonna sound the same as an active pickup) wouldn't cut it. at all. for the genre =P

so.. = fail. hahah
Don't limit yourself to on style of music, tastes change, lets say in a few months you don't wanna play boring breakdowns over and over (hardcore), say you wanna play good music, Get a guitar that you can play different styles with.