Hey guys just a quick question,
Is there any other differences then the color of the hardware between Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony Gold and Gibson Les Paul Studio Any other color Chrome Hardware?
The Ebony Gold one is listed $1,199.00 and other color with chrome hardware is listed $1,319.9.

Thanks!
Nope, that's it, just the finishes and hardware colour is different. Spec-wise they're all the same.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well, Gibson is making a new version of the Studio now. Gibson is balls, I don't know what they are doing.
If you're looking into getting the Studio, try to find a used one. Those are nice and a lot cheaper than the new ones these days.

And there is no difference between the Gold and Chrome hardware, or finishes, they just have different prices, which is stupid.
The wine red finish is amazing. Photos really do not do that color justice. Imo it's easily worth the extra $120.

Get an older studio from the mid 90s if you want the most consistent quality. Get a new studio if you like the chambered weight relief.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 27, 2008,
the only differences in the studios is that the alpine white one has an ebony fret board
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I have a '96 Studio. So that's good, yeah?
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do you like it? If so, then it's good.

These aren't vintage guitars or collectibles or anything, they're a player's guitar. When I say an early to mid 90s LP, I only say that because of more consistent QC. It's not to say that you're sure to get a good guitar if you buy one, just like buying a new LP doesn't mean you're getting a ****ty product. Because you are not.
I love the sound of it. Though the finish is really starting to screw up. My fault, of course. I neglect to keep it clean.
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's a nitrocellulose finish and it builds grime pretty quickly, just find a cleaner that is safe on the finish and give it a good wipe down.
Quote by Mockingbird452
And there is no difference between the Gold and Chrome hardware, or finishes, they just have different prices, which is stupid.
It's not stupid. Gold plating costs more than chrome plating. Some finishes take longer to apply than others and need more layers which drive up production costs so they cost more too. Also guitars with a transparent finish need to have a top piece of maple selected for them which is visually appealing, while guitars with solid finishes can be given any old piece of maple for the top.

Hell, just the fact that the guitar is finished with a nitro finish rather than a poly finish is the main reason why a Gibson Studio costs more than an Epiphone Standard.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.