Yesterday I was hanging out with my friends, playing some poker. So there are 6 of us. I'll use letters for each person's name.

C who doesn't smoke or drink.
P who smokes pot every few months and drinks every few weekends to get drunk.
MH who drinks, sometimes for the purpose of getting drunk.
MT who drinks but not to get drunk.
E who just tries to fit in and goes with the crowd. Drinks heavily to get ****faced
and I. I have a firm stand against drinking and smoking. My dad is an alcoholic who has been sober for a few years and will never drink or smoke.

So we are sitting in my basement with the cards. The majority of my friends want to get some beer. I told them that they can't drink in my house, not only because I don't want that **** around but because my dad is a friggin alcoholic. I am not going to let them drink, that would be insane. So they fight it for like an hour. We finish up the game and we are all sitting outside. They want to know if they could light up. I told them no and they keep insisting "cmon dude, its outside, no one is going to know". I told them that I don't care if someone does find out, I just simply don't want anyone smoking in my house, or in my backyard.

Like pricks, they keep on trying to push me to do it. E keeps saying "oh patrick, you are such a pussy, just let us smoke". E has never smoked before and he is just doing it because P wants to. I am like "oh ok E, your house is literally a mile away and we are in a car, lets go to your house then". He says "oh well, my parents are crazy, they check for that stuff". Seems like a double standard doesn't it? I tell P that they can smoke at his house but he says "oh well, you know, I don't want to drive down there, it will take like 5 minutes to get there". Everyone just keeps making these bull**** excuses why its ok to drink and smoke at my house, but not at theres.

Quite simply, it may just be me, but don't you think I deserve a little respect? Can anyone please inform me why its not okay if I don't want people smoking or drinking at or around my house?

We are all 16,17 by the way...
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Your house, your rules. They're only making a fuss to look big in front of the rest of the group anyway.
Sounds like they don't respect you at all. And they should because your able to be an individual.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
The important thing is, you stood up against something you didn't want to happen. They should have more respect for your decisions.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Are you sure you guys are 16 and 17? You sound like you're 13 years old
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Quote by smb
Your house, your rules. They're only making a fuss to look big in front of the rest of the group anyway.

This.

You should tell them not to drink or smoke in your house because it's not your house, not because your Dad is an alcoholic. If you're using that reasoning, you're making a moral high ground which is making you look like an ass.

Just say 'your house, your rules'. That's fair enough.
Can't they just go and smoke on the street out the front of your house?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Group Rape

You raping them. They weren't very nice.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quite simply, it may just be me, but don't you think I deserve a little respect? Can anyone please inform me why its not okay if I don't want people smoking or drinking at or around my house?

Sounds like there a shower of cunts. Its perfectly okay to not want your friends smoking/drinking in your house. However its completely not okay for your mates to ignore your rules.

Methinks there not your friends.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I agree with you, but I think you could have been a little bit more lenient about smoking. Maybe you could have said they can smoke but at the end of the garden and they have to put their butts in the bin?

If they're outside it's not that big a deal (unless your parents forbid it).
Peer pressure is awsome.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by sargasm
Why don't they just walk down the street to smoke?

Or this. I have to when I'm at my girlfriends house, it's hardly a hassle.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I agree with you, but I think you could have been a little bit more lenient about smoking. Maybe you could have said they can smoke but at the end of the garden and they have to put their butts in the bin?

Yeah, there's no need to not let them smoke in the garden. As long as they smoke away from the house and throw the dog ends into your neighbours garden and not yours then I don't see the problem!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by sargasm
Why don't they just walk down the street to smoke?

Apparently, it would make them look 'sketchy'...

Again with the bull**** excuses.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I see a lot of juvenile responses...

I'm a recovering addict, and at first I couldn't have that **** anywhere near me. Then I realized I had built most of my life and friends around the addiction, and I realized without it my friends dissapeared, becuase in the long run thats all we had in common. This was difficult at first. You can't make people take the same stand you are. Everyone has the right to succeed or ruin their life. What you can do is live you life the way you decided to and know when to let others run their mouths and stay quiet and set. You have to realize that the reason these people are mad is because you won't let them indulge their addiction, you are immediately the villian.

Your a good son for keeping the liqour away from your pops, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if your friends just want to sit around and smoke maybe you should hang out with more driven people. Good luck.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Yeah I mean the decision is yours, I've run into this with my friend, but they've always been understanding, if they're not, then you have some other problems...real friends wouldn't pressure you to do something that they REALLY knew you didn't wanna do. And due to the fact its your house, thats even more incentive on your part.
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
wow someone elts who thinks teen shouldnt smoke and drink ... my deal is i went to the smallest rual elementry school ever and as i got older(as in gr seven and eight when u start to see the world) i was sooo supriesed how many kids are alchoholic... ive gotten use to it nd drugs nd **** ppl just do it but i still hate it ... like in going one 16 now and still hate the though off all my friends drinking ..but aside from my friends from my old school, jsut about all my friend drink or would if they had the chance ... pisses me off sumtimes ... but i guess its there life ... but n e way back to the point , u have the power, its ur house .. i definatly wouldnt let ppl drink or smoke in my house or on my property
I Shit You Not
Quote by gizmodious
I see a lot of juvenile responses...

I'm a recovering addict, and at first I couldn't have that **** anywhere near me. Then I realized I had built most of my life and friends around the addiction, and I realized without it my friends dissapeared, becuase in the long run thats all we had in common. This was difficult at first. You can't make people take the same stand you are. Everyone has the right to succeed or ruin their life. What you can do is live you life the way you decided to and know when to let others run their mouths and stay quiet and set. You have to realize that the reason these people are mad is because you won't let them indulge their addiction, you are immediately the villian.

Your a good son for keeping the liqour away from your pops, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if your friends just want to sit around and smoke maybe you should hang out with more driven people. Good luck.

From someone who also has had drinking problems before (and compulsions still exist), please stop victimising yourself and taking the high ground against others who do drink and smoke.
Quote by Huffman
wow someone elts who thinks teen shouldnt smoke and drink ... my deal is i went to the smallest rual elementry school ever and as i got older(as in gr seven and eight when u start to see the world) i was sooo supriesed how many kids are alchoholic... ive gotten use to it nd drugs nd **** ppl just do it but i still hate it ... like in going one 16 now and still hate the though off all my friends drinking ..but aside from my friends from my old school, jsut about all my friend drink or would if they had the chance ... pisses me off sumtimes ... but i guess its there life ... but n e way back to the point , u have the power, its ur house .. i definatly wouldnt let ppl drink or smoke in my house or on my property

I very much doubt they were alcoholics.

And yeah, kids drink underage. Most people go through the stage in their lives when they discover that getting pissed can be fun. They will grow out of it. It's all good.
Me and my group of friends tend to drink at each others houses all the time. If the home owner doesn't want us drinking we won't. Never smoke inside either, even in our own houses. Most people don't mind using the back garden, but if they do, we'll go out in the street or just not smoke at all.
Quote by Tom_hatton

This apart from despose of the butts sensibly
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

I think TS meant that his friends wanted to smoke pot, guys, not cigarettes.
Quote by smb
Your house, your rules.

exactly. they should respect your rules if they are your guests.