Page 1 of 3
Ok so
the rules are:
- Full songs
- whatever instrument you like
- upload to youtube/profile
- I'm gonna need 3 or so jusdges next to me
- - If you CAN put your own solo in the song because hat would be Ace but you don't have to

Contestants:

Maddy! (lost)
PirateXc (Beast and The harlot)
Hcmanu (Critical acclaim)
srvguitarrulez (unholy confessions)
WSR66 (beast and the harlot)
Keskimaki (something from waking the fallen)
Trash648 (Beast And The Harlot)
Childofbodom21 (chapter four)
Silence&Requiem (blinded in chains or remmenisions)
Ethanb08 (bat country )
Portugues_boy (Afterlife)
Guitarded06 (seize the day)
drbobgfx (almost easy rhythm parts)
Rockin'Ryan (seize the day)
leadxguitarist (bat country)
CamTheBass (betrayed)(bass)
Disarm Goliath
TenaciousLSD (epic warmness on the soul)
Arcadian warrior (beast and the harlot)
XianXiuHong (scream)
cjp11 (to end the rapture)
prac23 (second heartbeat)
Judges
Me
gizmodious
Guitarplaya27

DEADLINE IS MOVED BY TWO WEEKS DEADLINE= 15 APRIL
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at Apr 1, 2009,
I wouldn't mind being a judge, I'm a big a7x fan. And I know gates guitar tech well, although my hands aren't up to snuff yet.

Let me know.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by gizmodious
I wouldn't mind being a judge, I'm a big a7x fan. And I know gates guitar tech well, although my hands aren't up to snuff yet.

Let me know.

youre in
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
ZOMFG!! i have been waiting for one of these...
Put me down for either seize the day...(will spur me on to perfect the outro sweeps)
and if that fails...then put me down for lost
Quote by kyle33093
i play alot of a7x stuff on bass ill be a judge

it's fine if you play bass in this contest

Quote by darkrikku
i play a7x drums and bass, i know all there songs by heart and tabs on bass... but i cannot play a few songs, i am pretty well on the other songs...

may i be a judge?

bass and drums are fine
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
if my guitar comes back soon im in for beast and the harlot on guitar

when is this over? because ive only been playing for less than a year so it might take me a little longer for the solo
Last edited by PirateXc at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by PirateXc

when is this over? because ive only been playing for less than a year so it might take me a little longer for the solo

ive been playin 14...and it still eludes me :O...lol altho truth be told..i havent actually really practiced it...i sort of go meh..improvise ftw...
Quote by PirateXc

new rule added

also
signup is closed february teh 15th

and then you have till 15 march to record it
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Maddy!
ive been playin 14...and it still eludes me :O...lol altho truth be told..i havent actually really practiced it...i sort of go meh..improvise ftw...

ya i might have to improv on parts but whatever
Already have an unholy confession cover on my profile but ill go whit something new, Critical Acclaim for me. Direct recording, 2 guitar. STEREO ****S
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Last edited by Hcmanu at Dec 23, 2008,
Can we just put out an album? No, just kidding, as for now I'm just watching how this goes, because I love A7X, I just don't want to enter and get destroyed.
I'll do Beast/Harlot if thats ok w/ u guys.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Oh yeah, I'm totally in. I'm gonna do something from Waking the Fallen, but can't yet decide.
i will play MIA by Avenged Sevenfold on guitar.
Last edited by Guitarded06 at Dec 25, 2008,
I Might try this, although I Have no real way to record anything other than the crappy quality of an MP3 Player.

If I were to do this, I would either do Seize the day, Afterlife or scream... But don't sign me up yet, Ill see how I can get these to sound through the ****ty recording...

And Even If I did get it good on the recording, If I put it on Something like iTunes, Like upload it to it, would I then be able to upload it to the site? But I think I know a School computer that has Garage band so I could probably put it on that easier, right?
Quote by Life Is Brutal
I Might try this, although I Have no real way to record anything other than the crappy quality of an MP3 Player.

If I were to do this, I would either do Seize the day, Afterlife or scream... But don't sign me up yet, Ill see how I can get these to sound through the ****ty recording...

And Even If I did get it good on the recording, If I put it on Something like iTunes, Like upload it to it, would I then be able to upload it to the site? But I think I know a School computer that has Garage band so I could probably put it on that easier, right?

Garage Band would be a decent way of recording stuff... All you have to have is an MP3 file of the song, which, if iTunes can play it, then yes, it is an MP3.

Go to your profile, click upload song, find the MP3 file on your computer, click upload, and voila, you're done.

(Don't make my Unholy Confessions look like absolute trash.)
Can you get me down for either Bat country or Lost?
Also, Srv, that sucked ass :P
More than half of it was out of time, and when it was in time it wasnt brilliant.
Overused Dimebag squeals aswell.
but good effort :P
Love is my religion
Quote by Thrash648
Can you get me down for either Bat country or Lost?
Also, Srv, that sucked ass :P
More than half of it was out of time, and when it was in time it wasnt brilliant.
Overused Dimebag squeals aswell.
but good effort :P

Nice way top introduce urself to the contest.........
Meh, thanks... Some parts were weird to do because my backing track wasn't perfectly in time...But my playing wasn't either...

If I hadn't tried to do direct input record dual guitars it might've been better...

Oh well.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Meh, thanks... Some parts were weird to do because my backing track wasn't perfectly in time...But my playing wasn't either...

If I hadn't tried to do direct input record dual guitars it might've been better...

Oh well.

Re-do it man, i'm sure you can nail it
Love is my religion
Thanks, I think I'll give that a try tonight..Probably not do the duals either... No divebombs either..It will be a more honest cover.. Be looking for it sometime..
Ill be the last judge!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Garage Band would be a decent way of recording stuff... All you have to have is an MP3 file of the song, which, if iTunes can play it, then yes, it is an MP3.

Go to your profile, click upload song, find the MP3 file on your computer, click upload, and voila, you're done.

(Don't make my Unholy Confessions look like absolute trash.)

Unfortunately, I don't even have iTunes on my own computer! So I'd probably get some help from my Computer teacher at school, he's pretty good with stuff...

Ive broken it down to Scream, Or seize the day. Im Proffesional on Scream, but the slo-lo makes's me mess up a bit. The beggining of seize the day is hard for me, because I cant get good enough distortion to get the pinches in the beggining, Ive got the sweeps down to a science though. Hmm...
And to you guy's who can play Beast and the Harlet, I give you guys props, your better than me. Those Four string down sweeps Beat the **** out of me.

And trust me, your unholy Confessions will not look like trash. You play it very cleanly, and it sounds awsome.

Im conflicted between Scream and Seize the day, but Im leaning toward Seize the day.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Dec 27, 2008,
i used to play a lot of a7x, but i never had the patience to get all the way through a song. i'll give this a try.

i'll do either blinded in chains or remenissions
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
I love playing the Seize the Day solos, but, not doing to learn the acoustic parts =P

Scream would be an awesome one!
I might be down for Bat country. Still not sure.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
I'll do Afterlife....

Edit: oh ****, Life Is Brutal is doing it....

I'll do Chapter four then...
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Dec 28, 2008,
Squier, Would you mind changing the link from my profile to my YouTube one?

Thanks. I would like my Youtube one to be judged.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I'll do Afterlife....

Edit: oh ****, Life Is Brutal is doing it....

I'll do Chapter four then...

YOu can do it, Im just conflicted on what do freaking do lol! Im Wondering what One I should pour my time into to make it sound the best... Portuguese boy, you'll probably know best. lol.

The ones that I can do are Afterlife, Beast and the Harlet, Seize the day, and Scream. And Im trying to narrow it down, but it's not really working.
I Can't make the Afterlife solo sound great so that ones out (You can do it), Beast and the harlet I feel like too many people are doing it and I can't get his tone. Seize the day Is good, but my strings are too tight for the 17 to 20 bends so I have to hit every note instead of bending it, It sounds O.K but it isn't great. Scream seems to be the only one I can finish through all the way. Somebody put me on for Scream.
Page 1 of 3