I hope this is in the right forum, since I didn't know where else to put it.

So yesterday I got a Dunlop Crybaby wah pedal for my birthday . I was in my room playing it, when my brother (who is amazing on guitar) walks in with his Schecter C-1+ and plugged it in and started playing. He got mad at me for it not working because he never pressed it down hard enough to turn it on.

Anyway, he got it working and started playing some Hendrix and stuff and said, "Go out to my truck and get what's in the backseat." Knowing there is piles of crap back there, I say "what is it?" So he say's "you'll know."

I walked outside and opened his truck and knew what it was immediately. It was his old Fender Cyclone that he let some guys borrow a couple years ago to record a cd. Amazingly, it had no scratches on it ANYWHERE! It was in a soft case that felt heavier than it should have been.

Got back to my room, and he got it out and started playing, and pulled out two more pedals out of the case. They were distortion and chorus pedals and he got mad again because I didn't have any more cables to hook them to. I said "Where do you put the distortion pedals battery in at?" "It doesn't need one." I said all right, and he kept playing.

All of the sudden he got up and set down the Fender, and said, whenever you stop playing it, set it down so it's leaning on something, and use them when you want. I was like wtf? My brother is NEVER even that close to being nice, trusting me with his only two guitars and two pedals.

So to see how much better the distortion was on it than my amp, I plugged in the pedal, since he said it need no batteries. Nothing happened. I figured out where to put the battery in at and changed them with my wah's. It worked perfectly, as did the chorus without even changing that one's battery.

The whole point of this was: Has anyone ever just walked in unexpectedly and left guitars and effects and said, play them all you want, but make sure they don't have scratches?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
no
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
one time my friend let me play his squire for 10 minutes...

i know a guy that has way too much gear and no lie 27 guitars....i was over there jamming with his son and he was just like....take some of these pedals....an old big muff some vox wah and a multi effects....i had a ****ty ss amp at the time so i wasn't overly exited
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24
theres nothing like some new equiptment, take advantage of the situation for sure
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
...So let me get this straight...

Your name is guitarmaniac, yet you had no idea how to chain effects together?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Sometimes my dad leaves his crap out and lets me play his strat + thousands of effects (exagguration I know) but never has he entered my room with a new delay pedal for me lol
At each paragraph I made base camp and recovered..
This hasn't happened to me btw, not really significant..
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Nope,nobody has ever trusted me with their gear.Oddly enough,nobody has ever left their child unattended near me either.Maybe it's a look in my eye or something?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I was watching a guy at a guitar store play a Les Paul Standard through an Orange 30 watt (can't remembe which specific model). Then he randomly asked if I wanted to have a go.

He wasn't an employee there, but they let me try it anyway.
Quote by matx33
...So let me get this straight...

Your name is guitarmaniac, yet you had no idea how to chain effects together?

Who said I didn't know how to chain them together? I have no other cables to do it with, I am a broke man. I mean, seriously, why do you think I have an Ibanez Mikro with a borrowed amp?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
maybe he's just lending them to you because he got something better? Cyclones are very nice guitars i have one with a bridge humbucker and a single coil in the neck.

what are the distortion and chorus pedals?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I kept reading expecting you to break something. I was disapointed

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Blompcube
maybe he's just lending them to you because he got something better? Cyclones are very nice guitars i have one with a bridge humbucker and a single coil in the neck.

what are the distortion and chorus pedals?

his Cyclone is the same way, humbucker for bridge and single for the neck. The Chorus is Electro Harmonix Small Clone EH 4600, and a Boss D-1 distortion.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
How old are you???? 8?!
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix