Okay, so here is a song I've been working on. It's nowhere near completion, but I'd like to know what people think about it. It's fairly simple, but I like it. I guess this would be the intro, and maybe a bit more of a song. Lemme know what you think. I'll crit4crit, because I'm not a douche.

Also, there will be drums and bass added in the blank spaces at the beginning. I know it sounds weird to have empty space in a song lawl.

Update 12/23/08: Added a few more bars to the song. I like to think they continue the song pretty well.

Update 12/24/08: Almost doubled the length since the last incarnation. It seems to be making more sense as I add to it. There is now a little breakdown that probably needs improvement, and the beginning of what could be a cool solo.
Attachments:
Untitled1.gp5.zip
Last edited by antiPIG at Dec 24, 2008,
uh.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Pretty heavy, I can imagine it with other instruments, would sound brutal as ****, I liked the riffs, especially in bar 10.
I wouldn't make it in 16/8 though, it doesn't really flow well.
Well, to be honest, I wasn't a fan.

You had a good idea, I liked the beginning, with the chords almost droning, and in parts being slightly offtime. I could see like, a good bass fill going in there. However, bar 8 was...off. It broke up the flow, and sounded....well... bad. I liked the chords used in bar 9, but in general, it was still to disjointed to work.

Bar 10 was the best one. It had a good, solid riff, which managed to be both on time, and offtime. Reminded me of meshuggah.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028624

Thanks.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.