Alright, a few years back when I was still playing a B-52 AT 112 I found this radioshack 2x 15 band rack EQ for 50 bucks. Figuring what the heck, why not try it I purchased it.

Being radioshack, and only 50 bucks I didn't have high hopes. It was ok for the money, but added some fizz and sucked some tone. I put it away in a closet.

Fast forward 2 years, now I'm using an ENGL Blackmore and I found this thing gathering dust in the said closet. I decided to hook it up in the effects loop, and give it a spin.

What the hell...0 tone sucking, 0 added fizz. Sure it did take away a slight hint of high end, but thats to be expected since I was connecting it with like 5 feet of cheap low grade cable.

What I don't understand is how this EQ can sound so much better on my ENGL than it did on the B-52...any ideas? I was considering to buy an MXR 10 band EQ but now I'm not so sure.
WTLTL 2011
the ENGL probable has a higher quality effects loop and circuitry
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
The ENGL has a parralel loop, but I set it to 100% wet so it functions as a serial loop. I'm shocked this $50 radioshack thing is doing so well now.
WTLTL 2011
I'm going to agree with justinb and IbanezPsycho here.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by Mark G

Honeslty if it works for ya and doesnt suck tone or add fizz I would say keep it man. I own a MXR and have looked at those from time to time there good little units.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honeslty if it works for ya and doesnt suck tone or add fizz I would say keep it man. I own a MXR and have looked at those from time to time there good little units.

The only thing the MXR has going for it extra would be the gain slider. The radioshack thing has a level control but it just increases volume, not gain. If the MXR does have independent gain and volume controls, then I'd get the MXR. So does the gain slider really work like an OD? Or is it more of a volume boost.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
The only thing the MXR has going for it extra would be the gain slider. The radioshack thing has a level control but it just increases volume, not gain. If the MXR does have independent gain and volume controls, then I'd get the MXR. So does the gain slider really work like an OD? Or is it more of a volume boost.

Its not the gain your thinking about, its there to as a boost incase your running extremely long cables. It just evens things out. Its not an OD substitute by any means.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its not the gain your thinking about, its there to as a boost incase your running extremely long cables. It just evens things out. Its not an OD substitute by any means.

intruiging....but confusing
WTLTL 2011