Erm... Why would you buy a macbook just to record a few songs? Are you aware that PCs and laptops also have a mic input?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by darkrikku
yes, but it says that it has the "best Quality", and i have to return the comp im using now

hell you could even make music videos for them on a macbook

Mac 4 Life!
The quality will be no different. Main difference is simpleness and ease of use, as well as reliability. Mac wins on all of these once you get used to it.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Stingray5
hell you could even make music videos for them on a macbook

Mac 4 Life!

Ya and macbooks have those little camera things that can take pictures of you and I think do videos too. Man macbooks are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
you may be able to record songs on a mac more easily, but if you put in work on a pc you'll end up with much better quality. also if you want a computer for anything besides looking pretty, i suggest that you get a pc, unless you suck at computers, which is what macs are for: people who can't figure out how to use a real computer properly.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Pros: macs have better stock D/A converters for recording.

Cons: Decent recording software for macs is rediculously expensive.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
Why not just use audacity? The quality will be good enough.

Audacity is terrible. and theres still the issue of D/A coverters, which are even more inportant than the software really.

My suggestion: buy a decent speced windows laptop and used the money you saved from getting an overpriced fashion accessory to get a recording interface.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Dec 22, 2008,
Pros: visually attractive ,dont require any specific knowledge (aka for Dummies) or experience with computers, fast computers in general

Cons: not as versatile as other laptops having Windows Xp or Vista, but if you can buy and change the operating system then you'll be fine, expensive for nothing
i went mac... and im never going back ... to PCs!

macs are super awesome!

great!! the best decision i made
you wont get better quality out of either of them. whichever you get make sure you invest in an audio interface if you want to make 'quality' recordings.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
The actual computer has very little, if any bearing on recording quality, provided they are the same spec. The interface, preamps, microphones, mic postion, sound quality from source, software plug-ins etc... are what makes a recording good or bad quality.

I just use a mac because it doesn't have as many problems, and I prefer the software.

Quote by humperdunk
you may be able to record songs on a mac more easily, but if you put in work on a pc you'll end up with much better quality. also if you want a computer for anything besides looking pretty, i suggest that you get a pc, unless you suck at computers, which is what macs are for: people who can't figure out how to use a real computer properly.

And for uneducated biggots like this guy, that DOESN'T mean I don't know how to use a windows or as he puts it "real" computer properly. Infact quite the opposite, I've taken several courses in advanced level ICT and programing, but that doesn't change the fact that I prefer macs. Windows PCs are prone to viruses, spyware, adware, unexplained crashes, slow boot times, unnecessary processer usage with multiple processes which do nothing really useful. Macs also have problems admittedley, but for me they seem much more reliable.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I think both mac and PCs are okay, but the thing that REALLY PISSES ME OFF are those stupid mac vs. PC commercials. they make me want to take an apple and shove it up steve jobs LSD-induced asshole.
Pro: you will look like a hipster
Pro: they seem to be popular for recording
Con: you will over pay a great deal
Con: you will become gay

decide well
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Con: you will over pay a great deal

+1, If you do decide to get one, either go refurbished or try to get a student/educational discount.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?