I was wondering what you guys thought of this amp? Peavy Windsor 100w
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Ive heard its pretty good. kind of marshally...a lot of gain, and not much clean. very loud. idk what else...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
suck. Its the Mg Of tube amps
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
no^
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Hcmanu

That's the valveking.

The Windsor is actually a very good amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Hcmanu

Fail.

The Windsor kicks ass, don't expect many clean sounds out of it. Only way I can get decent cleans out of mine is to roll back the volume on my guitar and use a little bit of chorus to cover up the crunch that is everywhere on these amps. They're loud as hell too.
im in the process of buying a new amp so i did some researching to know which amp to get and i stumble apon the Peavey Windsor 100W All Tube Half Stack read the review sounds great but should i realy buy it or keep looking? Please HELP!!!
Quote by Simsimius
That's the valveking.

Ughhh, thats just wrong.

I have owned the Windsor and it is a pretty good amp for playing classic rock type stuff, especially with an od pedal for solos. But that is about all you are going to get with it. Turning the pregain all the way down and post up will give you a decent clean, but very tedious with the hole knob thing. LOL

Overall, for the 400 price now, you can't and won't beat it for power and a decent distortion. Maybe put an effects processor through the return and you have yourself an amazing amp. <-------That is what I did for about a year.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
what kinds of music do you play, do you play in a band/gig? Also whats your budget
Quote by CarbonDeath
Ughhh, thats just wrong.

I have owned the Windsor and it is a pretty good amp for playing classic rock type stuff, especially with an od pedal for solos. But that is about all you are going to get with it. Turning the pregain all the way down and post up will give you a decent clean, but very tedious with the hole knob thing. LOL

Overall, for the 400 price now, you can't and won't beat it for power and a decent distortion. Maybe put an effects processor through the return and you have yourself an amazing amp. <-------That is what I did for about a year.

What?!
You're agreeing with me, yet called my post wrong?!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
There are millions of people that think Marshall MG series is a good amp (because they bought it). Still, the Marshall MG is the MG of SS amps, and the Windsor is the MG of tube amps.
It's all about feel
Two threads, next to each other, with the same thread title, different OPs and different TS, ahah, don't see that very often.

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Ghold125
what kinds of music do you play, do you play in a band/gig? Also whats your budget

I play heavy, punk, alternitive but mostly just heavy rock, both band and gig, and my budget is around 400-500 $$$ so do u suggest i buy it?
Quote by Vauxite
Two threads, next to each other, with the same thread title, different OPs and different TS, ahah, don't see that very often.

UG Black>UG Classic.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Simsimius
That's the valveking.

Valvekings are actually quite good with a tube and speaker swap. I have one and I like it.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by DespisedIcon
UG Black>UG Classic.

No.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by hopespaul
substance

Substance.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
i'm also planning to get this amp, i heard that it is a good amp; good quality, good sound and a low price
WOW. I originally posted this a loooong time ago, lol. I was thinking about gettiing this amp, but now I'm getting the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w. Not as loud but I like the tone a lot better.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Sheogorath
WOW. I originally posted this a loooong time ago, lol. I was thinking about gettiing this amp, but now I'm getting the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w. Not as loud but I like the tone a lot better.

Good choice,that's a much better amp IMO.Also,that thing will be plenty loud,trust me.My old man has one and when we gig I have to turn up my JSX combo quite a bit to match his HR,and the JSX is 120 watts,though I have mine on its 60 watt setting usually.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

It is Loud, But it doesn't really have all that much gain.
Still it is a pretty good amp for 400 bucks.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
It is Loud, But it doesn't really have all that much gain.
Still it is a pretty good amp for 400 bucks.

It's $850, and that's what a overdrive/distortion pedal is for. Pedals allow you to go from clean to dirty easier and you can vary the tone more

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Sheogorath at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by Sheogorath
It's $850, and that's what a overdrive/distortion pedal is for. Pedals allow you to go from clean to dirty easier and you can vary the tone more

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I think he was talking about the windsor,some people don't bother reading the whole thread before posting.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Well that's dumb
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
First time buying a tube amp, and I'm a little lost. Looking at either the Windsor or the Epi Blues Custom 30.

The Peavey is cheaper, looks easier to lug around, and has 75 more watts and twice as many speakers. The Epi seems more versitile, has better reviews, and multiple channels.

If I'm trying to focus getting the old blues sound and possibly gigging, which would you recommend? I don't mind getting either, but if I could get a good blues tone from the Peavey and save $200, that just means more pedals I could buy...
^I'd say you should get the blues custom.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Simsimius
That's the valveking.

Not really. My VK is a great amp.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

I have to laugh seeing people saying Amp x sucks . especially, when i am betting 99 percent of the people saying it sucks have never actually tried it out. I myself just bought an mg30 after trying it out at a local music store. for the price and the music i play it sounded decent . Most people on here are young , have no idea how to adjust for tone and simply are not that good of guitarist . its the same when they talk about guitars i actually seen some one claim that cheap wood leaves a bad sound . the truth is both agathis and poplar are decent tone woods (the biggest draw back to agathis is the weight). i have played through mostly peavey amps in my years of playing i have owned the vtm 120 , the musician , the special 112 solo series as well as a couple of laneys .
I've HEARD horror stories about its headroom and versatility.
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube