So basically i managed to get a bunch of recording software and plug-ins on my computer. so as a first project just to learn how to use these programs i have decided to record a cover of Iron Maiden - The Trooper.

i managed to get drums in a track using EZdrummer and Now I wanna know if i could use Guitar pro to export the bass as a Midi and then somehow import in SteinBerg Virtual Bassist, anyone have any clue if its possibel and/or how to do it? any other programs you could recommend as a virtual bass player or virtual drummer?

Btw i am using Sony Acid Pro to record everything, although i also have cubase and some other stuff. will it make a difference which one i use?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
does anyone know how to import midi into virtual bassist?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
Yes, it is possible, I used to do it.

In GuitarPro click on File>Export>MIDI and save it somewhere. I'm not sure about Sony Acid Pro but in Cubase you just click on File>Import>MIDI and import it. Then you can delete any other tracks you don't need so you just have the Bass.

Then press F11 or go to Devices>VST Instruments and it should open up the VST Instruments window. Add the Virtual Bass plugin to it (same way you do with EZDrummer) then on your bass track set the output to Virtual Bass.

That's it!
Hope that helped.

PS, after that you can export the bass track with the Virtual Bass plugin as an audio track and import it to Acid Pro if you want. Make sure to export it as a .wav.

PPS, I also used Trilogy, it's a great bass plugin, it takes up about 3gigs of space those. I also tried Broomstick Bass but i didn't like it sinch it didn't go below a certain note.

For drums I use Superior Drummer 2 and it's kick ass. I used to use EZDrummer but I prefer Superior. BFD is ok aswell.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Dec 22, 2008,
for some odd reason when i put Virtual bassist as my output, it lagged a bit, and then finally astarted working but its not playing the bass track like its written out in midi, but its playing like a wacked out grove of it with all these added slaps and all this stuff i don;t want it to play, i just want the bass track to record guiter over any help guys?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
Are you talking about Steinberg Virtual Bass? If not then check to see if there are other MIDI notes you can use, because the ones you have are probably used for slaps and pulloffs and stuff.

If you send me the MIDI file I can do it for you if you like.
Quote by Wiland
So basically i managed to get a bunch of recording software and plug-ins on my computer. I am using Sony Acid Pro to record everything, although i also have cubase and some other stuff. will it make a difference which one i use?

GO AWAY you F'n PIRATE, we dont like your kind here.
You figured out how to steal the software,..figure out how to use it ya nubb.
I don't know what's worse...a pirate, or someone who flames another when they themselves are probably guilty of the same thing.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by PsychomanZ
Bought and paid for ALL of my software buddy...check yourself.

well done but stop constantly berating other users about it.

from looking at this guys post, he probably is a pirate, but you dont know that for sure.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by PsychomanZ
I think I'm better than everybody else, so when I see someone that might be pirating, I belittle them and anyone who stands up for them.

Fixed.

I have no idea how VST's work, so I can't help you here. Maybe find a free plug-in on www.kvraudio.com that's easier maybe.
I picked up a DDR-880 Roland Drum Machine that has step bass recording along with step recording and some other variation of drum recording. If you can shell out $500, it sounds solid.
Quote by Austyn6661

I have no idea how VST's work, cuz i, like you TS, also pirated all my software and had to ask just like you, so I can't help you here..

FIXED
Quote by PsychomanZ
FIXED

If you had looked at all six threads I've made, one was in R&R, and it was about buying a new computer ('cause I can pirate a computer, right )

And judging from this and your response in the other thread on Cubase, you're just an immature twat.
I do agree with PsychomanZ though, if you download software you should atleast take the time to learn how to use it. Even if you completely mess up atleast you learned something.