A few days ago one of my friends was borrowing my line 6 spider III 75 amp when according to him it just 'stopped' mid-song.

When it is switched on the lights all still work on the diffrerent settings and the built in tuner still works. The problem seems to be the amplification
...(or ive gone deaf roflmao)

What do you think? Ive taken off the speaker and theres no giant holes in it or anything and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the electronics. My friend thinks the speaker has blown?
Has this happened to anyone else with the same amp & is there a way to fix this without taking it to a music store.

SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION!

Thanks in advance.
Quote by telecast0rz
A few days ago one of my friends was borrowing my line 6 spider III 75 amp when according to him it just 'stopped' mid-song.

When it is switched on the lights all still work on the diffrerent settings and the built in tuner still works. The problem seems to be the amplification
...(or ive gone deaf roflmao)

What do you think? Ive taken off the speaker and theres no giant holes in it or anything and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the electronics. My friend thinks the speaker has blown?
Has this happened to anyone else with the same amp & is there a way to fix this without taking it to a music store.

SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION!

Thanks in advance.

That's why.
Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get fixed (if its worth fixing) or should i just buy a new one
Its a spider this is a pretty common thing turn it up loud once to many times. Dont waste the money getting it fixed something else will go out next time. Time for a new amp.
don't buy 'a new one'. buy a better amp mate, this is a prime opportunity. I'm sure someone on UG would pay you some money to smash it?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Blown speakers still make noise so I doubt it's a blow speaker.

Make sure the speaker cable is plugged in.

Check the fuses. I'm not sure how many the spider amps have but I know they have at least one and maybe more.

If it's not one of those 2 things then you will need to take it to a tech for troubleshooting and the tech will probably charge you more than the amp cost to begin with.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Blown speakers still make noise so I doubt it's a blow speaker.

Not always.

To the TS. a simple way to check the speaker is stick a 9v battery to the terminals on it and see if you hear anything (unless you're perfectly still with the battery you should hear some static from the power not being continuous)