Will a gibson neck fit on an epiphone body? jw not planning on doing this, just curious
yes, but the necks are the same. the difference nowadays is the headstock and non-wood components, otherwise they're identical
i dont really see why any one would want to other than to scam a buck or two...the epi necks are plenty comfy.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I am actually thinking of doing this because the headstock broke off of my Dot Studio, although i have no idea how to get the old neck off.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
I think you should use a flaming torch. Go unglue the neck off the body using the flaming torch, if the wood melts or catches on fire, then let it catch on fire until it comes off.

Then get the other neck, and paste it on there with glue.

lol seriously, I don't know. I'm just being creative. haha
Im pretty sure the heel of gibson and epis are different. Getting a glued set neck apart isnt that difficult. Getting the epoxy apart epi uses gets really destructive. A gibson neck will cost more than a new epi dot.
I wouldn't buy a gibson neck, i would get one from warmoth or ebay.
I tried using a hair dryer to melt the glue off the neck.....it didnt work, then i tried to break it in half but then i relized there was this thing called a "truss rod"
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Why would you want to? Gibsons are real **** right now, you get better value with Epiphones.
Corona Corona
Gibsons are one solid piece of wood, you'd be snapping it in half if you took off the neck
Quote by captain Trips
Gibsons are one solid piece of wood, you'd be snapping it in half if you took off the neck

No, they are not.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

No, they are not.

exactly, they're made with a set neck.

So,
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by captain Trips

and ts: the necks MIGHT fit, but its robably beyond your skill to get a glued neck off witout breaking it
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by oneblackened
exactly, they're made with a set neck.

So,

Not to mention that the body is usually at least 3 pieces of wood.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

No, they are not.

I own a gibson les paul custom, so get your face palm **** outta here, and who the hell just rips the neck off those

Obv you couldn't craft an entire guitar out of one piece of wood, but they are by no means bolted on, they're not really designed to be taken apart and the sustain on the guitar may never be the same again
Last edited by captain Trips at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by captain Trips
I own a gibson les paul custom, so get your face palm **** outta here, and who the hell just rips the neck off those

Obv you couldn't craft an entire guitar out of one piece of wood, but they are by no means bolted on, they're not really designed to be taken apart and the sustain on the guitar may never be the same again

dude read... he says he is buying one of off warmoth
Quote by JessicaGonzo
dude read... he says he is buying one of off warmoth

That's not really what I was saying but yeah I know he's not doing it personally. K dude?
Quote by captain Trips

That's what everybody said in this thread.
ಠ_ಠ
what's your point, I was just making sure we were on the same page because of what I said earlier. I'm holding one right now, I don't need anyone to tell me there's no bolts in it. Some of you sound like losers by instead of just saying that something isn't true you make some stupid sarcastic remark to make yourself look smart
People are doing this...
Quote by everyone

because you said this...
Quote by captain Trips

So don't get all bent out of shape because of something dumb you wrote. It may not have not been what you meant, but it's what's there. No one has said that a Gibson or Epiphone is a bolt on. People were ing you because you made it sound as if you thought an entire LP was carved out of a single chunk of wood.

EDIT: On topic though... said neck transplant, if possible, would be prohibitively expense and utterly pointless.
Last edited by T!AN at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by T!AN

EDIT: On topic though... said neck transplant, if possible, would be prohibitively expense and utterly pointless.

+1

Why?!
Quote by T!AN
People are doing this...

because you said this...

So don't get all bent out of shape because of something dumb you wrote. It may not have not been what you meant, but it's what's there. No one has said that a Gibson or Epiphone is a bolt on. People were ing you because you made it sound as if you thought an entire LP was carved out of a single chunk of wood.

wait so it's not carved out of one piece of wood?
Quote by captain Trips
wait so it's not carved out of one piece of wood?

Never. If you're lucky, your guitar consists of two pieces (one for the neck and one for the body), but more commonly it's three or if you're unlucky three pieces of wood (one for the neck and the rest for the body).

To build an entire guitar out of one piece of wood would be incredibly expensive and wasteful.
sorry I was just kidding, everyone made it pretty clear the neck is glued on. Imagine what that block of wood would look like if you cut an entire guitar out of it? edit: Actually I think weisenborn guitars are made like that, but the necks are hollow