i want to know which is better for rock and blues music. which do you prefer. which do you think i should get. pors and cons?

thanks
it's up to your personal preference. they're both great guitars for blues and rock, you just gotta try 'em both out to see which you like more.

strats have a body contour, a whammy bar, and three single coil pickups (more tone variety) which give you a twangy/quacky sound. a telecaster usually has two single coils (less tone variety) and a twangy sound.
Last edited by strat335 at Dec 22, 2008,
i personally prefer a strat but that's just my preference, they are both great guitars
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Fender UGH. Dont get any of them.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
some people like strats better, while i for one care less for them.
I think the strat is the best for blues and such. I guess it's cuz of the whammy bar and some other technical stuff I am not aware of.

Jimmy hendrix of course used to play with a strat, and he played blues and all, and I don't know anyone as famous as jimmy who played a telecaster for blues. But telecasters are still good guitars.

But if you wanna play blues fo' real. Then get a PRS.
Ummmm B.B. King used a tele for blues before switching to his gibson.

You could get a John 5 signiture tele that has 3 humbuckers and a tremolo.
You'd rather check the sound by yourself in a shop, or find some music played on those guitars.
Strat: Eric Clapton (from the Layla album, and further), Buddy Guy, SRV...
Tele: Jimmy Page (1st Zep album), Roy Buchanan (you won't be dissapointed by his 1st and 2nd album), Clapton (Yardbirds years), Keith Richards and ofc Muddy Waters.
Good luck choosing the right gear.
both will do it, but they sound different. personal preference, really, you need to try a bunch to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get both, that's what I'm doing. Working on getting the Strat. But I still love my Tele, put a Little 59'er in it and it now screams.
ha i appreciate all this but all your coments got me no where. they all said theyre both great guitars.
Because they are.

Go play both and see what YOU like. There are Tele's with a Strat pick-up in the middle and a tremolo, and there are hard-tail Strats and such. Just go see what you prefer.
Quote by Drakathan

You play a Peavey, and a Zoom pedal... *sigh*

It's really preference. I know people who'd swear by everything tele's. I like strats personally, and both guitars will give us what we want. It's up to you to decide which one is not just right, but which is MOST right for you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
personally i would get the tele since i love twang that tele has over the overly bright snappiness that a strat has.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Drakathan

Funny coming from you after looking at your gear sig...also, off-topic, I actually started(or at least spread it around) that "moved onto rap" sig fad on another forum. Give it up, it's false, I did it to see whether I could fool most of a forum or not(which I did).

Quote by stevemeow
ha i appreciate all this but all your coments got me no where. they all said theyre both great guitars.

Because, as Iceman said, they both are. Really you get a sharper sound and sexier(IMO) shape with the tele, and a more comfortable(IMO) shape in a strat, along with my favourite two positions on it and a tremolo. Really just go and try both and see which you like the most. Neither is better, both are excellent guitars in their own ways.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 23, 2008,
Why don't you go to guitar center, with the knowledge that they both are great guitars, and you need to pick for YOURSELF?

Strats have a definitive quack tone that no other guitar can give, which has set their place in guitar history.

Telecasters have a more ringy, bell like tone.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by ThePechanator
Get both, that's what I'm doing. Working on getting the Strat. But I still love my Tele, put a Little 59'er in it and it now screams.

Thats exactely what I did. The tele now does such a wide variety of tones and is incredible to play. Bought an olympic white 08 american strat the other day and feel like all my guitar needs are covered now (or atleast thats what the boss says!!)
Quote by ChrisN
Telecaster wins. End.

"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Stratocasters are really nice versatile guitars, I would go for a strat for blues, because the sound is so good on the neck pickup for blues, nice twangy solid sounds and espesh with the whammy.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by stevemeow

that's because, if you get a good example of each, they are.

seriously, trying a couple of each for five minutes will tell you more than 200 replies in this thread. i know it's not much help, but it's the truth. all you're getting in here is tele fanboys telling you that teles are better, and strat fanboys telling you that strats are better. you won't know which (if either- plenty of players like both!) camp you fall into until you try a bunch...

generally, though, the tele has a bit more punch and twang, it has a harder edge to the tone, while the strat is a little sweeter-sounding, a bit more delicate. the tele bridge pickup (imo) is a lot nicer than the strat's (which can sound a little thin unless you have a really nice strat bridge pickup), but the strat's neck position and in-between positions are nicer than a tele's- they're classic tones (as is the tele bridge pickup tone). and if you *need* a strat sound for a certain song, you aren't really going to get it out of a tele, nor vice-versa. You'll probably get close, but it won't be exact...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's because, if you get a good example of each, they are.

seriously, trying a couple of each for five minutes will tell you more than 200 replies in this thread. i know it's not much help, but it's the truth. all you're getting in here is tele fanboys telling you that teles are better, and strat fanboys telling you that strats are better. you won't know which (if either- plenty of players like both!) camp you fall into until you try a bunch...

generally, though, the tele has a bit more punch and twang, it has a harder edge to the tone, while the strat is a little sweeter-sounding, a bit more delicate. the tele bridge pickup (imo) is a lot nicer than the strat's (which can sound a little thin unless you have a really nice strat bridge pickup), but the strat's neck position and in-between positions are nicer than a tele's- they're classic tones (as is the tele bridge pickup tone). and if you *need* a strat sound for a certain song, you aren't really going to get it out of a tele, nor vice-versa. You'll probably get close, but it won't be exact...

Man speaks of truth heer m8! If i were to choose i would go with the telly though, i love the shape and sound, is not that i don't like strats, i DO love them ALOT but i prefer a Telecaster over the Strat if i were to choose.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Depends on what you want play, I'd say go with the strat because it so much more diverse and they sound great. Teles play really well though so its up to you, I could be biased cause i'm getting a new strat for christmas
Strat vs. Tele is all about Personal Preference, you gotta go to a store and try them both out and see for yourself which you like better.

MY personal preference: Strat FTW
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk