hey guys.

i've got these pedals coming in the next few days. either from gifts or ebay purchases.

Boss TU-2 tuner
Boss Geb-7 EQ
Ashdown Dual Band Compression.
Tech 21 Tri A.C. programable distorion pedal. ( i got it for a redick low price so i had to take it. IK its not a bass pedal. or probably as good as the bass driver would be for me.)

but my question is what would be the best order.
my inital thought was tuner, eq, comp, dist.

any other suggestons?
I play bass!
Bass ---> Compression ---> EQ ---> Distortion ---> Amp

thats the logical order.

If you put the EQ before the compression, the compressor would in effect dampen the EQing.
I choose to put the EQ before the distortion cause you already have a post distortion EQ in the form of your amplifer.

Tuner in tuner out unless you have a true bypassed tuner, which you do not.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I would say to try compression before and after distortion, as apparently it can give very different results.

As for the EQ, I would say anywhere but last in the signal chain, unless you amp has a very poor EQ section. Experiment.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
There's no set order, but there's a logical one (i.e. chorus after distortion). However, with your pedals, there's all sorts of things that are functionally possible.

For example, I'd tune, EQ, compress (to smooth out the EQing), then distort. However, if your distortion does a lot to your tone, you might want to EQ AFTER the distortion and compress that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Just think to yourself, what do you want the pedals do to your sound? For example, do you want a distorted chorused tone, or a chorused distorted tone?

Compressed chorus or chorus compressed?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
well. its done.

in the sansamp manual it suggested putting it after compression and before. so the order is Comp, Dist, EQ.
I play bass!