I've been playing for 7 months now on this horrible scratchy inconsistent Sound King amp, its horrible and I hate it, and I relaly want to upgrade.

Thing is, I dont know anything about the world of amps, and Idunno where to start.

I however, want a nice amp up to £200 in price.

Best someone has showed me so far is this, a nice Line 6.

What do you think, should I buy that? And what suggestions could you make for a new amp?

I like to play metal/rock if that helps.
thats not a nice line 6...

get a roland cube 60.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Amps are so confusing.

Its not helpful that people arent giving me any information about why I should get this Roland Cube 60.

Can someone go through thee advantages and disadvatanges of each amp?
Alright, here's an idea: go try out amps and DON'T let the salespeople bug you.

I'd go for a Peavey Vypyr 75.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a Peavey Vypyr 30. you dont need to 75, thats too much for SS lmao, well for that amp at least.

The Vypyr 30 is incredible and better than a Spider or a Cube
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
Get a Peavey Vypyr 30. you dont need to 75, thats too much for SS lmao, well for that amp at least.

The Vypyr 30 is incredible and better than a Spider or a Cube

Eh? the 75 has the USB recording out... and is a bit louder and has quite a bit more headroom.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
personally i'd get a roland cube instead. it just sounds better than the spider. the spider's not terrible, but you could do a lot better for similar money (i.e. the cube 30/60). don't get the cube 15x or 20x, though, they aren't as good and don't have the amp models.

i haven't tried the vypyr yet- it's bound to be worth a try too, if you can find them. try the spider too, if you see them, and the vox valvetronix, it doesn't hurt to try everything you can.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've played through a friend's Roland Cube 30X and it always plays well I think. I have not tried the the Peavey Vypyr, but if you can, give it a try and see what you think.

I also don't recommend going over 40W on solid state amps, but that's just my own opinion.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
trainwreck
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212