okay so i have like £400 to spend on a new amp, preferably a combo
but i'm stuck on what to buy
i play a lot of blues, but then i play alot of metal/hardcore stuff etc
i was thinking of getting a blues junior
but then i saw a really nice randall
so im pretty stuck
is there any amp thats a middle ground?
or should i just buy one, and then the other?

help me out please
thanks
Last edited by deadfreakshow at Dec 22, 2008,
which do you need more? 3 options really- buy a blues amp and forget about the metal/hardcore, buy a metal/hardcore amp and put up with mediocre blues tones, or buy something in-between and get decent, but not amazing, sounds for each. really depends on which you need more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
1. Buy Blues Junior.
2. Buy a distortion pedal.
3. ???
4. Profit/metal and blues.

I've tried this, though not as good as using an amp for metal or blues alone, it gets the job done with decent tube sparkle and decent metal growl.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
yeah, that might do it, but if you play more metal than blues, you're unlikely to be too pleased with the metal tones you achieve that way. it's very much a stopgap plan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How about finding a good metal amp with good cleans, maybe the Randall RG50TC you suggested, but i'm not sure how good its cleans are. Instead, how about buying a 2x12 and a nice head for metal with OK cleans, then getting a bluesy head also. Could get a cab for £150 and a head of your choice, then you can get a fender or somthing next time theres soem money burning a hole in your pocket.

2x12 + multiple heads can be more compact and cheaper than multiple combos!
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
If you play more blues than metal- the fender.
If you play more metal than blues- the randall.
save up more money, cause to get that kind of stuff its expensive, i would actually suggust a laney GH50L or the GH100L but the GH50L can get better metal tones.