Page 1 of 4
OK, here's the deal, I'm a female lead guitarist, been playing for 5-6 years, I have always felt it easier to play with guys than with girls for many reasons, and finding the right people to play with because of it makes it more difficult.

Surely dudes will look at your boobs if you play with them in a band, I don't give a **** about that, stare all you want, doesn't bother me and I am straight and I drool at you too while you pound 'em drums. I prefer a dude lookin' at me, than a chick back-talking and bitchin' about everything.

From my experiences most chicks just wanna fight, be competitive, rude, jealous and they hardly ever seem to know what they want on all occasions even with music. Allrighty maybe some girls aren't all like this (I'm one of them so there must be others alike out there). And if you play good at an instrument they'll run over you with a truck, and talk you down, surely dudes do this to other dudes too, but chicks are way more bitchier. If ye ain't strong as stone the bitches will kill ye.

Guys on the other hand are easier to deal with musically and everything, and as my musical taste is more to the macho side than feminine side, playing with chicks don't feel very natural to me, I feel more comfortable playing with dudes, maybe its because I grew up with two older brothers who loved heavy rock, dunno.

One of my female friends play guitar, but our musical tastes are completely different, and don't get me wrong here I am very open to different styles of music, but here its more about the personal attitude of the girl which annoys me. I'm softer on the inside and harder on the outside. She's softer, like imagine James Hetfield vs. Michelle Branch.

Anyway this chick always seems to love a fight with me, has happened to me with a lot of female musicians too, like competing over who has the most guitars, most musical theory knowledge, best clothes, and best looking boyfriend, +++ ect.. (stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard).

I also feel a lot of girls don't take their musical playing serious enough, this chick just bought a new Gibson SG, and I asked her what she thought of the guitar and stuff, she responded: "I dunno, haven't been playing it that much really." And a big FIRE in my brain exploded, I didn't want to disrespect her (and btw. why the hell waste $$$ on a guitar if you ain't gonna play it?!) so I responded in a positive way and said: "If I had a Gibson SG I would play it constantly until my fingers bleed, I played a crappy Strat copy for 4 years all the ****ing time even though it sucked but I loved to play it anyway." Then she said: "yeah, but I'm afraid to get tendonitis."

Been trying to play with this girl on and off, but it doesn't work, I feel like I'm running up a hill every time I meet her it is stressing me, she's not very open to other music genres either, and dislikes heavy music, while I am musically versatile in my tastes, and playing music should be fun, the more you feel natural and comfortable around somebody the easier it is to jam with them, right?

And maybe dudes are more open to playing with chicks, or they think some chicks can't be as hard as them and judge them beforehand, but then again there are these chicks who ruins it for girls like me who prefers playing with guys and that annoys the **** outta me.

So girls, please stop being so ****ing bitchy about everything and start respecting one another. Until then I'll settle with finding cool dudes to jam with whenever they'll come by.
You do realize you're speaking to the wrong audience right?

There are hardly any girls here.
"Surely dudes will look at your boobs if you play with them in a band"

you cant really take them off can you?

alolololollolololololololol
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
....because I'm not?

Good for them or whatever

All you're doing as a TS is bringing to light the fact that a large amount of girls are bitchy to other girls. It has nothing to do with being musicians. Girls are generally bitchy. End of.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by valdean

Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Anyway this chick always seems to love a fight with me, has happened to me with a lot of female musicians too, like competing over who has the most guitars, most musical theory knowledge, best clothes, and best looking boyfriend, +++ ect.. (stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard).

Surely that's a fairly short argument, it's just a simple matter of counting.
Nice rack er rant.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Retro Rocker

I got you a present to cheer you up.

ZING!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Yep stereotype. Maybe they are just bitches. Besides, all musicians are jealous of each other. I'm competitive with my friends with guitar. It gets intense.... no not really we all suck
Do you have any idea who you're ranting to? This is practically the /b/ of guitar players. I'm pretty sure I can speak for alot of people in saying that I'm an a$$hole and BIG FUKKING WOOP.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by Renka
Maybe stop hanging out with girls and start playing with women?

I like to play with women...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
....because I'm not?

All you're doing as a TS is bringing to light the fact that a large amount of girls are bitchy to other girls. It has nothing to do with being musicians. Girls are generally bitchy. End of.

pretty much this, bitches be bitches.
What's your point? You think any girl on this forum is going to thank you for this advice? Don't condescend to us.

Do not start pointless ranty threads. How is anyone else supposed to contribute without either bitching along with or at you? This is what your blog is for.

You're just going to get a bunch of adolescent boys friend-requesting you. Don't pretend like you weren't angling for that in the first place.
^She has a point
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Jackal58
Nice rack er rant.

haha
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
oh mah gaddddd, so thes chicks wer lyk, **** **** **** **** **** and I was lyk what the **** and all the while, we were being oppressed by men cos we have lyk, bewbs, lyk, and ****ing **** **** chicks were lyk **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** periods.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
This is why there are more guys in rock.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Quote by rabidguitarist
oh mah gaddddd, so thes chicks wer lyk, **** **** **** **** **** and I was lyk what the **** and all the while, we were being oppressed by men cos we have lyk, bewbs, lyk, and ****ing **** **** chicks were lyk **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** periods.

I lyk...toooootally understand.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Maybe people just don't like YOU because you sound bitchy, slutty and sexist?

Sounds like you're projecting your own problems with other females onto those other females. I don't know any girl musicians who are anything but pleasant, in real life.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by rabidguitarist

im sigging this
Quote by SaxMachine124
This is why there are more guys in rock.

the funny thing is, "rock" means skirt in German, so I kinda read that as "There are more guys in skirts"
Quote by Steve The Plank

Just because you have tits, doesn't mean you're special.

Well a girl without tits would just be retarded.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
"I have always felt it easier to play with guys than with girls"

signs she doesn't like to bat for the same team
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
....because I'm not?

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this...99% of girls are bitchy at some point, whether they're musicians or not..it's just something else to bitch about, I guess
Quote by CoreysMonster
the funny thing is, "rock" means skirt in German, so I kinda read that as "There are more guys in skirts"

Thanks for this great bit of knowledge.

80th best UGer
Quote by CoreysMonster

there are if you go to scotland
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by CoreysMonster

I actually laughed out loud.

Although at Download 2007, there were a LOT of guys in skirts. Skirts are nice and cool, after all.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by big fury monkey
"I have always felt it easier to play with guys than with girls"

signs she doesn't like to bat for the same team

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
allright for some reason it won't let me put the picture in and i'm not sure how to reply...but that picture of that kitchen that Retro Rocker posted....I SWEAR TO GOD THAT IS MY FRIEND'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Retro Rocker

I got you a present to cheer you up.

AWWWW YEAHHHH. DEEP SKY BLUE.
Quote by chipdasqrrl29
allright for some reason it won't let me put the picture in and i'm not sure how to reply...but that picture of that kitchen that Retro Rocker posted....I SWEAR TO GOD THAT IS MY FRIEND'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESS THE QUOTE BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80th best UGer
Page 1 of 4