Ive been thinking about buying a KH-202. Ive Read some reviews But they Havent been that helpful. Can anyone tell me if its a decent buy or not?
get a 602. you wont be disappointed.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
My friend actually just bought one of those and I would like to answers to your same question as well!! Hes going to let me play it this Saturday so I can tell you about it later that day or Sunday maybe..
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
the locking tremolo is practically as good as a floyd rose original as long as its set up properly. the pickups arent to great tho. esp is close to emg but it isn't emg so you no aside from the pickups i think its a decent buy and u could always switch the pickups eventually
Quote by MetalliKH-602
get a 602. you wont be disappointed.

This man knows what he's talking about.
also, he has a Children of Bodom avatar, so that makes him cool
Quote by JessyB96
the locking tremolo is practically as good as a floyd rose original as long as its set up properly. the pickups arent to great tho. esp is close to emg but it isn't emg so you no aside from the pickups i think its a decent buy and u could always switch the pickups eventually

Ha, ha, ha.... No, it's not.

But yeah, KH-602. Or, for a similar price to the 202, a Jackson DXMG.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the only difference between esps locking tremolo and the floyd rose is the sustain and thast casue of the posts get new posts and set it up right i challenge neone to find a difference... providing they no what there doing of course
Quote by JessyB96
the only difference between esps locking tremolo and the floyd rose is the sustain and thast casue of the posts get new posts and set it up right i challenge neone to find a difference... providing they no what there doing of course

... No, just no. It's probably made of Pot metal, which is most likely zinc or a zinc alloy of some sort. OFR's, and GOOD LFR's like the Schaller and Gotoh copies and Ibanez' Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, and Edge Pro will last decades. Seriously. That MIGHT last a couple years.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
cheers for the help guys. 602 looks awsesome but a bit out of my price range.is there anything of a similar standard for less?
DXMG is pretty good, but it's a Jackson and you might not like the neck.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
my buddy earl has one i like it but he has his action set to high for me lol the floyds not too bad on it but i didnt abuse it like i do mine
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by oneblackened
DXMG is pretty good, but it's a Jackson and you might not like the neck.

I cant see what sets the DXMG apart from the 202. Can anyone enlighten me?
try out a schecter damien lfr pretty similar
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by matt_0_5
I cant see what sets the DXMG apart from the 202. Can anyone enlighten me?

Well, better pickups and bridge, and it's made in Japan. Made in Japan Jacksons are quite well made. The 202 is probably made in China, and is probably not passed through the same strict quality control.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
my freind eric has one and he says the trem stays in tune for a least two weeks. and he plays it at LEAST an hour everyday! he uses and abuses that FR. he doesnt hesitate to do the same stuff i do with my OFR! so the trem is great, although the flutter isnt quite as smooth and subtle it still works great. the pickups are very sharp and aggressive. but they also sound nice on clean. the components are good and easily upgradeable. dont get the 602. it costs about $100USD. you can put an ofr and emg 81/85 in a 202 for about $800 totall(w/o labor costs). i highly recomend it after playing my friends!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
my freind eric has one and he says the trem stays in tune for a least two weeks. and he plays it at LEAST an hour everyday! he uses and abuses that FR. he doesnt hesitate to do the same stuff i do with my OFR! so the trem is great, although the flutter isnt quite as smooth and subtle it still works great. the pickups are very sharp and aggressive. but they also sound nice on clean. the components are good and easily upgradeable. dont get the 602. it costs about $100USD. you can put an ofr and emg 81/85 in a 202 for about $800 totall(w/o labor costs). i highly recomend it after playing my friends!

yeah, but with labor it'll cost about 1,000
swaping pups and trems is easy. even a n00b can do it!...wait nvrmind! but seriously, almost any1 can swap a trem and pups. and then you can sell them for about $200 totall( $75 pups, $125 trem) so you can basicaly get a 602 for $600!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Labor at my guitar shop for pick ups is 55 dollars (and they do a pretty damn good job) doesnt matter what the pick up is active/passive humbucker or single coil. and Emg 81/85 run about 200 dollars.