Am I the only one who notices these huge trends going around the pit, actually mostly all of UG, but some parts are still "normal" *cough* Jazz and Blues Forum *cough*.

I mean things like this, if you wear your guitar low your seen as douche bag for caring about personal image over playability, I don't know about you guys, but once you can play something really well you should be able to play it with your guitar low (yes really low, ie slash, hetfield, can impact your playing a bit) but for most the part it should be second nature, to know a song you should barely have to look (complex parts are exceptional) but if your singing and playing you CAN'T look. I mean I can see why you give kudos to player like John Petrucci, Tom Morello, etc, the guys from Killswitch (actually no, read next paragraph) for ignoring their image, but entertainment isn't just the music, it's also to look good, you are performing for an audience, you have to put on a good show, how would you like it if the band just sat in one spot with their guitars up high and no interest what so ever in you, but instead just getting it over with. That's bull ****, the band is supposed to perform, it's like having a GREAT actor in a movie, but he or she is ugly as ****, your not going to want to watch the movie.

Another thing is the constant disrespect from metal heads towards people who don't listen to 100% screaming/growling, come on lighten up we all have musical tastes, they have the constant attitude if you don't love arch enemy, or Cannibal Corpse, or for Job for a Cowboy, etc (I don't know any Death metal bands, or w/e you call those, sorry) then your not a metal head. Us guys who love metal-core and thrash metal (ie Trivium, Killswitch, Metallica, Testament, etc) get flamed the **** out of because we aren't real metal heads, just because I listen to Metallica, doesn't mean I'm a little mainstream fan boy, I HATE black album and everything past it (mind you Death Magnetic was not bad, but not in the same style as the old stuff) but love the thrash before it, it doesn't make me some mainstream fan boy so seriously screw off with that.

Oh and just another short one, you don't have to have long hair and not shower EVER to be a metal head, some of us care for good hygiene and not because we are "preps" so go **** your selves.

tl;dr I hate the constant disrespect for little things such as people wearing their guitars low getting labeled as douche bags because they look cool, not listening to Death metal or w/e and still liking metal and getting flamed as not a "real" metal head, and being a metal head with out long hair and ACTUALLY showering once in a while so my hair isn't greasy as **** (it is NOT attractive).

Kudos to whoever reads the whole thing.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

I got a kudo.
As for the rest.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
You arent very metal.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.

You're just as sad as all the other people for caring what they think.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Ktool The Girth
You arent very metal.

All I listen to is metal and jazz, so yes, but I will be labeled as "not" because I don't listen to the extremely brutal stuff.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Irony, how I love you.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
That's life I'm afraid.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Why bother wasting your time getting irritated with little pricks instead of enjoying your own life free of cares and worries?
Well job for a cowboy is deathcore it isn't metal core.
and the necrophagist vocalist plays complicated riffs while growling also.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by wtf290
Irony, how I love you.

Pretty much this, I'm afraid
ohai little sig.
as a member of the teenage bill, i have to say that many of us can be like that. but then some of us grow up and learn to respect other types of music, other people, etc...

so i see your point, but i think everyone has felt a loathing towards different people at one point, including yourself. it's just a matter of reaching beyond that, not harshly criticizing other musicians, and growing up. some of us can, and some can't/won't.

the question is, beyond this thread, what do you want to do about it?
I disagree with your entire paragraph about guitars being low. I don't understand how me playing my guitar low can cause the show to be better. I play my guitar medium-high but I've got a lot of movement when I play. It has nothing to do with your guitar height, its about you enjoying what your playing, and expressing that with your body.

For example: If someone was playing up on stage and was absolutely bored out of their mind, and just stood there with a blank facial expression and no movement, it wouldn't matter if their guitar was high or low, it would be a crappy show.

But if someone else was rocking out, regardless of how high their guitar is, its going to be better.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Do you really care? Most of the people on here are pubescent boys who don't know their arses from their elbows anyway, would you want them as friends?
Quote by wtf290
Irony, how I love you.

This

Although hes whining TS does some some points...
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I realize that there's nothing I can really do, but I'm just wondering if other people saw this, which people obviously do lmao.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Am I the only one who notices these huge trends going around the pit, actually mostly all of UG, but some parts are still "normal" *cough* Jazz and Blues Forum *cough*.

I mean things like this, if you wear your guitar low your seen as douche bag for caring about personal image over playability, I don't know about you guys, but once you can play something really well you should be able to play it with your guitar low (yes really low, ie slash, hetfield, can impact your playing a bit) but for most the part it should be second nature, to know a song you should barely have to look (complex parts are exceptional) but if your singing and playing you CAN'T look. I mean I can see why you give kudos to player like John Petrucci, Tom Morello, etc, the guys from Killswitch (actually no, read next paragraph) for ignoring their image, but entertainment isn't just the music, it's also to look good, you are performing for an audience, you have to put on a good show, how would you like it if the band just sat in one spot with their guitars up high and no interest what so ever in you, but instead just getting it over with. That's bull ****, the band is supposed to perform, it's like having a GREAT actor in a movie, but he or she is ugly as ****, your not going to want to watch the movie.

Another thing is the constant disrespect from metal heads towards people who don't listen to 100% screaming/growling, come on lighten up we all have musical tastes, they have the constant attitude if you don't love arch enemy, or Cannibal Corpse, or for Job for a Cowboy, etc (I don't know any Death metal bands, or w/e you call those, sorry) then your not a metal head. Us guys who love metal-core and thrash metal (ie Trivium, Killswitch, Metallica, Testament, etc) get flamed the **** out of because we aren't real metal heads, just because I listen to Metallica, doesn't mean I'm a little mainstream fan boy, I HATE black album and everything past it (mind you Death Magnetic was not bad, but not in the same style as the old stuff) but love the thrash before it, it doesn't make me some mainstream fan boy so seriously screw off with that.

Oh and just another short one, you don't have to have long hair and not shower EVER to be a metal head, some of us care for good hygiene and not because we are "preps" so go **** your selves.

tl;dr I hate the constant disrespect for little things such as people wearing their guitars low getting labeled as douche bags because they look cool, not listening to Death metal or w/e and still liking metal and getting flamed as not a "real" metal head, and being a metal head with out long hair and ACTUALLY showering once in a while so my hair isn't greasy as **** (it is NOT attractive).

Kudos to whoever reads the whole thing.

Half the stuff you've said I've never seen anywhere, and I'm a metalhead myself (arguably, metal ist krieg, but I do love other genres, classical/folk/old rap/trance etc included)
If anything half of the things you mention go completely against the other wrong stereotypes I encounter...

But more importantly, metalheads are far from the only elitist group of people
Jazz and blues fans are normally as bad, if not worse, but in a more intelligent way (the way that 9/10 times allows them to slink away as soon as someone notices)
And thankfully you can help me prove it
'*cough* Jazz and Blues Forum *cough*.'

Because only the jazz and blues forum is normal ey
Quote by DSchmitty
I realize that there's nothing I can really do, but I'm just wondering if other people saw this, which people obviously do lmao.

Au contraire! There is something you can do:

QUIT. BITCHING.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Quote by tushmeister
Half the stuff you've said I've never seen anywhere, and I'm a metalhead myself (arguably, metal ist krieg, but I do love other genres, classical/folk/old rap/trance etc included)
If anything half of the things you mention go completely against the other wrong stereotypes I encounter...

But more importantly, metalheads are far from the only elitist group of people
Jazz and blues fans are normally as bad, if not worse, but in a more intelligent way (the way that 9/10 times allows them to slink away as soon as someone notices)
And thankfully you can help me prove it
'*cough* Jazz and Blues Forum *cough*.'

Because only the jazz and blues forum is normal ey

Not really, because most people who listen to Jazz and Blues are older, trust me, if you did and age poll in that forum it would be in the 20-40 age range.

EDIT: What I meant by that is that they are more mature.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Not really, because most people who listen to Jazz and Blues are older, trust me, if you did and age poll in that forum it would be in the 20-40 age range.

EDIT: What I meant by that is that they are more mature.

And that's not proving my point how?
Now you're bring age into it as well
Age=/=maturity
I am 18 years old, therefore I am unimportant to you, I realise this post is therefore futile
But oh well
yeah most of the people here should die. but not you TS.

you and I are on the same page!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by tushmeister
And that's not proving my point how?
Now you're bring age into it as well
Age=/=maturity
I am 18 years old, therefore I am unimportant to you, I realise this post is therefore futile
But oh well

No, because even though it's an assumption, most of the ignorant and elitist are kids on this forum.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No, because even though it's an assumption, most of the ignorant and elitist are kids on this forum.

Never assume

it makes an ASS out of U and ME

And I'm certain I could find a large amount of elitists everywhere I go, both on here and in day to day life
It happens
Grow a pair and get over it
Quote by tushmeister
Never assume

it makes an ASS out of U and ME

And I'm certain I could find a large amount of elitists everywhere I go, both on here and in day to day life
It happens
Grow a pair and get over it

No but your trust trying to defend them, almost every ignorant post I see daily is from someone under the age of 16, check their profiles.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No but your trust trying to defend them, almost every ignorant post I see daily is from someone under the age of 16, check their profiles.

That first clause made no sense to me, my trust trying to defend them?

And I don't know
Your post is ignorant, you're clearly not under 16, but I refuse to spend my time checking your profile because unlike you, when I see something ignorant, I take away the one thing that matters, and that is the ignorance, I ignore it.

Sensible option huh?

EDIT
I just realised a very bitter irony in what I just said
But the point stands
Instead think of it as 'I ignore it, unless I'm bored and fancy offering said person more cheese with their whine'
Last edited by tushmeister at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by tushmeister
That first clause made no sense to me, my trust trying to defend them?

And I don't know
Your post is ignorant, you're clearly not under 16, but I refuse to spend my time checking your profile because unlike you, when I see something ignorant, I take away the one thing that matters, and that is the ignorance, I ignore it.

Sensible option huh?

EDIT
I just realised a very bitter irony in what I just said
But the point stands
Instead think of it as 'I ignore it, unless I'm bored and fancy offering said person more cheese with their whine'

Yes their is huge irony in there, but that just proves my point, the majority of immaturity comes from the youngins. (I am 17)
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
it's like having a GREAT actor in a movie, but he or she is ugly as ****, your not going to want to watch the movie.

I just noticed this, and I'd like to point out that you're a fucking idiot. Seriously, do you actually think this is true?
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Here's what you do. It's very simple

1) Stop caring about what anyone else says, does, or thinks, because it should make no difference to your own opinions/actions/beliefs.
2) Grow up and learn to accept that some people are arseholes, some people are nice, and the only ones worth listening to are the ones that you have respect for.
3) Rape someone. Because it's the Pit and we expect that kind of thing.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
i get weird looks for playing my guitar with the strap too high

i have to have it at the perfect angle or i cant play for **** with a strap.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by DSchmitty
Yes their is huge irony in there, but that just proves my point, the majority of immaturity comes from the youngins. (I am 17)

really?

elitism =/= immaturity.

it's not unusual for them both to happen in the same person but they aren't the same thing. In fact the only truly non-elitist people there are are children who haven't learnt to talk yet.

users from the blues and jazz forum can be just as elitist as any metal head it just so happens that the metal forum is the most active of the genre forums so you see more of it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
really?

elitism =/= immaturity.

it's not unusual for them both to happen in the same person but they aren't the same thing. In fact the only truly non-elitist people there are are children who haven't learnt to talk yet.

users from the blues and jazz forum can be just as elitist as any metal head it just so happens that the metal forum is the most active of the genre forums so you see more of it.

Quote by joseph997605
tl;dr

what the hell does this mean?

Too long; Didn't read
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!