Ok, so recently I've been looking for a new amp to get and for my budget and preferences many people have recommended the Peavey Vypyr. I went to guitar center today and tested out the 30 watt and im happy with the way it sounds and the ease of use (the distortion sounds a bit fuzzy though, but what do you expect for 2 or 300 bucks?) and decided that I'm going to buy this amp.

Ive been wondering is whether I should get the 75 watt or the 30 watt, because as far as I know the 30 has all the same models and effects of the 75, except the 75 comes with an attenuator (or however thats spelled) and a usb port.

Right now im just playing in my bedroom at home, no big gigs or anything and im not in a band, so at first i thought to get the 30 watt because I dont need the extra power for playing at home (hell, I could barely put it past 1 at the store without filling the place with noise, and this thing friggin goes to 13!!!). But theres always the possibility of getting in a band or playing at a show or something, and i want this amp to last me for a few years and be flexible so I could play at home quietly or crank it up at a gig without putting it to the point where it sounds bad (since its solid state), so then I thought Id get the 75 watt, so if I do get in a band or play at a gig, I can turn it up loud enough without cranking it and having it sound like crap but if Im not just use the power sponge attenuator to turn it down while im at home. Would the 30 watt be loud enough for like a school talent show without it starting to sound like ****? Also, I thought I could use the usb port for recording directly to my pc instead of setting up a mic in front of it and possibly losing quality. Will I lose alot of quality if I record by mic? I hear it has a generic crappy speaker and that it records better directly.

Are those 2 features really worth the extra 100 bucks? or should I get the 30 watt and use the extra money for the footswitch, or save up for the one with 2 expression pedals?
basically tube amp wattage is completely different from solid state amp wattage. don't let 30 watts fool you, the vypry is a tube amp, and playing with 75 (i don't know the math, im estimating) is like playing a 250 watt marshall.

in other words it's LOUD :O

you said your playing in your bedroom and i don't think it's the two extra effects your worried about, i think it's your ears.
Vypers aren't valve amps, only 2 of the line up are (120w and 60w) are hybrids, the rest are solid state.

So the volume difference won't particularily be much.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
if the 30 doesn't have the USB port and the 75 does, I'd rather have the 75.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Deanwings79
basically tube amp wattage is completely different from solid state amp wattage.

No. It's not.

don't let 30 watts fool you, the vypry is a tube amp, and playing with 75 (i don't know the math, im estimating) is like playing a 250 watt marshall.

No. It's not.

in other words it's LOUD :O

you said your playing in your bedroom and i don't think it's the two extra effects your worried about, i think it's your ears.

Ok this I agree with.
They are damned loud, I'll say that. mine never goes past 2 or three.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
something to keep in mind, on the 75 the power attenuator will squeeze the volume down without sacrificing tone (in theory, i havent tested it) Allowing you to get great tone at bedroom volumes)

im currently considering the 75, or something else
I have the 75 and it's stupidly loud. Unless you need the recording USB port, get the 30, you will need a midi cable to update the software via Peavey website.