I found someone selling two laney cabs near where I live.

The model as quoted from the seller is "gs412p"

I've tried looking them up but come back with nothing, So I asked what the speakers were and the seller said the only thing written on them were "41412".

Has anyone heard of this model?
I'm going over tomorror to try them out, see how they sound.. But I'd like a little more info on them as the seller has given me all she knows.

Thanks.
i think they have celestion 70/80s in them. not great speakers.

actually, after looking at the laney site, it looks like they might have vintage 30s.

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=gs412ps

however, if they did, odds are they'd have vintage 30 plastered all over the backs of the speaker.

maybe it's this one?

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=gs412ia

not sure. what i would do is assume that they don't have v30s unless you can categorically prove that they do. because if they don't, replacing 8 speakers is going to cost you more than just buying a good cab to begin with.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I thought it might have been the first cab too... But it would definitely have Celestion written over it and she probably wouldn't sell it so cheap.

I wasn't looking for something to mod, just a cab I can use for band practice/touring until I can afford a Mill's cab.

I found this http://www.themusiczoo.com/preowned/Laney_4x12_Cabinet8ohm_120W_Celestion20HSpeakers_10781_PO.html

Do you think maybe it could be that cab?
yeah, that's my thinking- always be wary of someone who claims not to know what he/she is selling, as there's a pretty good chance he/she knows perfectly what he/she is selling, and is just trying to wangle a better price! as you say, if they were v30s, it should be plastered all over them.

that one you linked to looks like the one with v30s, but again you'd want to make sure- ask them to take the back off or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?