Does anyone know if the Gibson Les Paul Studios manufactured during the 1990's mostly 1995+ are any different than the Gibson Les Paul Studio they manufacture now after 2006?

Something about chambered bodies and weight relieved or something. Can't really recall, if anyone knows anything about their differences let me know here.

Thank you.
Well not that much difference. Except one small, but at the same time important thing. Quality. The 90's Studios are leagues ahead of the modern ones.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Older Gibsons are better than newer ones, except for ones from the 80s. From what I can gather, Gibson tried to cut costs in the 80s and made some subpar instruments during that decade.
A mid-90's Studio is often considered to be on-par in terms of build quality as a LP Standard from two or three years ago, and generally they're considered to have better tone as the weight relief pattern used back then was much less drastic than the weight reliving that goes on today.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I concur with Gabe about this, the 90s studios are fine instruments. Really makes you wonder what happened to Gibson's QC the past few years.

The weight relief is a bit different as well, the new studios from 2005 on have the weight relief chambers, the old ones had swiss cheese holes. I don't know if that really made much of a difference, part of me kind of likes the new chambered les pauls. They have a very open airy tone rather than slightly overwhelming darkness of the older production les pauls.
I have a 1993 gibson les paul studio and it's a really good guitar. I'd definitely recommend it if you're thinking of getting one. You won't regret it.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there