So I've got a Jackson Soloist that I'm going to replace a few pickups on. I'm putting a JB in the bridge position and since this is a SSH pickup array, I was considering putting a JB Jr. in the neck position.

Anyone tried this? Any JB Jr. owners here?

I'm mostly a rock n' metal player, so I thought that a little extra oomph at the neck might be cool. Then again...might not be, I dunno.

gm.
It could be pretty cool, I mean, Jackson puts a JB humbucker in the neck for certain models (RR5). But like you said, maybe it wouldn't sound good.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Which Soloist do you have? What are the current pickups? What wood is it made out of? I wouldn't recommend putting a JB in any bright wood, like alder, because it is VERY trebly to begin with and you would get ear-destroying high end. For a neck pickup used mainly for soloing I would get a SD 59. Great distorted tone. If used for cleans I find the SD Jazz to be very clear and articulate.

EDIT: Nevermind about the 59 and Jazz, I didn't see that it was HSS. There are plenty of SD single-coils, I'm sorry that I dont know any of them offhand. The JB is usually a bridge only pickup but you could try it if you want.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Last edited by the Sinner at Dec 22, 2008,
I wouldn't recommend it, you'd be better off with a lil 59 for the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if there's a little alnico II, use that. Nice vintage tones.

Or maybe a pearly gates in the neck? Don't know if they have a little one. It might be abit trebly though.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I have a (one of the fabled) 1998 Shannon Soloist. 1 of 5 or 6 Blue Ghost Flame ones ever made from what I hear.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to put the JB Jr. in the neck. As one guy below put it, I think it would be pretty damn trebly.

It comes with a Pearly Gates in the bridge and, man, I really don't like it. Pretty low output and it sounds tinny.

Quote by the Sinner
Which Soloist do you have? What are the current pickups? What wood is it made out of? I wouldn't recommend putting a JB in any bright wood, like alder, because it is VERY trebly to begin with and you would get ear-destroying high end. For a neck pickup used mainly for soloing I would get a SD 59. Great distorted tone. If used for cleans I find the SD Jazz to be very clear and articulate.

EDIT: Nevermind about the 59 and Jazz, I didn't see that it was HSS. There are plenty of SD single-coils, I'm sorry that I dont know any of them offhand. The JB is usually a bridge only pickup but you could try it if you want.
I'd probably go with a Custom Custom in the bridge instead, the JB may still be a bit trebly for you....also the Dimarzio Breed or Norton would be worth a look.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a JB in the bridge of my guitar and I think it's pretty muddy (though it could be that it;s a les paul), I'm cringing at the thought of it in the neck of any guitar...