Sorry for a new thread so soon, but I really can't figure this out. If I combine this head and cab, what will the wattage (right word?) be? I can't tell if it would be 200 or 400.

Thanks! C.B

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Deep-End-Series-410-4x10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=481429

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Deep-End-Series-200HD-Bass-Head?sku=481469

edit: Once I pay off my upright, I'm looking for a new amp, between 200-400 watts. Another one I was looking at was this one: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C410T300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485034. which one would be better for the price?
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Dec 22, 2008,
Well it's a 200 watt head, so(I think, still figuring wattage stuff out) it could only be 200 watts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Canadian_basser
if it's 200 watts, then what's the point of buying a 400 watt cab? God, I'm so confused

I'm not going to try and act like I know what I'm talking about, because I'm nearly clueless, but if your head was more powerful than the cab was, the cab would break because it would be over powered. So having that extra room keeps it safe. Also, you could get a different head that pushes more watts and still use that cab.

I think
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

No problem. Once someone with more experience gets in here they should be able to clear it up way more than I could
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Its a 400 watt cab because not evreyone who buys that cab is going to have the matching head. Theres no point in making cabs solely suited for the one head. Lots of people mix and match.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I understand that (to some extent :P) but is there a point to buying a watt cab if the head is only 200? I know the head needs to be underpowered compared to the cab, but wouldn't it save you money if you just bought a 200 watt or so cab to match? sorry for all these extra questions.
It doesn't sa what the impedence of the cab; is so I would hazard a guess at 8 ohms, if it is the the amp will be putting out about 140 watts into 8 ohms.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Canadian_basser
So if I had two cabs, then it would have the full 200 watts? (if is 200) Isn't 8ohms+8ohms 4ohms?

Yes, it is, and yes.

They have pictures of the jacks on both the head and cab...the cab is 8-ohm, and the head is minimum 4-ohm. Through that cab, you'll be putting out 140W or so, which should be fine. If it's not, you can always add another cab.

We don't see many people going for Kustom...have you found one locally? I've read that the new stuff is really good, but I haven't ever talked to anyone that's used one....just the reviews.

edit: between the two, I'd say the ashdown is the better simply because it has 100 more watts at minimum impedance, and is a combo. Other than that I don't really see an advantage that one has over the other, so if you're fine with 200W then either one would be fine.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 22, 2008,
I have the 16 watt combo and I really love it. The 4-band EQ is great, and it has a wonderful tone. I can get anything I want out of it, pretty much. Very sturdy, for all that it weighs more than a 16watt amp should. I tried the 115C 1x15 and same thing, it was awesome.

Wow, I'm a fan girl :P

Edit: I think I may go for the Kustom. 200 watts should be fine. I suppose I can always look for a more powerful head. This is all hypothetical, though. I just financed a $2400CD upright, so I'm going to broke for awhile

Or this: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-KBA-115C-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=481427. I mean, combo amps don't really bother me.
Whoa, that 115 combo is cool. I hadn't seen that one yet....is it open-backed or is that just an open spot so you can get to the back of the amp?
Nope, no sig here.

Er, I guess that's not open-backed. Not really sure, sorry.

did I miss what you were trying to ask? :p
Quote by John Swift
It doesn't sa what the impedence of the cab; is so I would hazard a guess at 8 ohms, if it is the the amp will be putting out about 140 watts into 8 ohms.

This was throwing me for a loop.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

The cab is what I'm talking about, not the amp part. Is that a giant gap in the back, or is there a piece there that's in a shadow? I'd like to see how that affects the tone if it's open. It seems like it'd act as a large port, but I'm no expert.
Nope, no sig here.
Looks like it's a gap.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Looks like its a gap. Ive seen a lot of guitar combos with that on them. And did they draw those jacks on the back.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
wouldnt an open backed cab have clearer highs than a closed back?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Or would this count as rear ported maybe.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul