ehhh, i like the american deluxe personally, but its worth looking at the custom shop models as well
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Custom Shop, if you can.

American Strats are very nice. Deluxe Players model has great features. Hell, the standard isn't bad at all.

Play a Strat. See what you like. Then ask for opinions.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
What kind of guitar are you looking for? That being said, the best strat I've ever played is my Jimmie Vaughan strat. The clapton strat plays pretty nice as well. As long as it has a thick v shaped maple neck with maple fretboard I'm set.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Forgot to mention the Eric Johnson Strat, my personal favourite in-production model.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
G&L > Fender imo.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by djszkoda
Deluxe Players model has great features

awww yeah
My Gear

I agree with Kevin. the Jimmie Vaughan strat has one of the best price/quality ratios of modern production strats.
They have good stock pickups, and they are just higher quality than the standard MIMs.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Get a Mexican Strat, and beat the **** out of it.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Quote by darkarbiter7
I agree with Kevin. the Jimmie Vaughan strat has one of the best price/quality ratios of modern production strats.
They have good stock pickups, and they are just higher quality than the standard MIMs.

Quote by famous1234
ok whats the best 1 for punk? (and a little more affordable)

Exact budget please
My Gear

why a strat? it would be better if you to a shop try out different type of guitars and see which one is better for punk.
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by xander307
Exact budget please

Ditto
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Also why couldn't this go in the thread you already have going?
Well, if thats your budget you'll have to get the Standard, its a good guitar, feels great, built well.. the sounds decent but id reccomend a pickup change
My Gear