back in june i brought a trace elliot combo for my birthday.
now it's a lovely amp that's served my well better than any amp i could have brought new for that price (£150 if you're interested)
but it's always been fairly enigmatic to me,i cant find ANY info on it anywhere.
i've looked in the back through the ventilation grill and it has things that i THINK are tubes, but they might not be.
it's coverd in what FEELS like the carpet you get on the flor of shops, and has a bizare sound hole on the frount, but no grill cloth.

so does anyone know ANYTHING about this nice piece of kit?

it's called a BLX SMC is that helps
picture
Driginaly they were called DBLX, because for their size they were very impressive due to the Band Pass speaker cab design used.

The meaning of DBLX came about when first tried; the response being "thats the 'Dog's Bollocks", true honest.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
that's AWSOME
you dont hapen to know anything about the year or anything techical do you?
The dog's bollocks....it's got a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

Anyway...I don't really know anything about it, but Trace was using hybrid and tube preamps a long time before most other companies. It's likely that it has a tube preamp and a SS power section. If you're seeing glass in there, that's probably the case.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by 2112pk
that's AWSOME
you dont hapen to know anything about the year or anything techical do you?

A friend of mine used one in the early 90s so they were around then.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I've definitely seen(in real life) one of those before, but I never got a chance to play it. I also saw one whilst browsing talkbass the other day. I think he said its 100 watts(may have said 150)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115