Ya, I was looking at the Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde V2 Distortion/Overdrive Pedal. It look amaing for the price. Is it any good? I was wondering if it was sturdy as well as versatile.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by kckyle
my mate just got it. amazing was his description.

Ok, sweet.

2 Questions
-Did you try it?
-What kind of music was he playing he consider it AMAZING for? (bands or genres?)
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I have had one now for a year, and love it, the OD is great TS clone, and the dist. is very organic and sounds very much like a decent tube amps dist channel. Its not super High gain, its a very very soild uper Mid gain pedal, but can pull off many types of music well, it can handle High gain metal as well buts it more Marshally in its voice so keep that in mind, Its a Killer pedal
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Great pedal. Would recommend it for blues to hard rock. Not really for high gain metal as already stated unless you are boosting a mid to high gain amp to begin with.
I own a Jeckyll and Hyde and I like it. I don't own very many effects because I'm a snob and most of them don't live up to my stndards. However this thing is great. The OD side is perfect for pushing a tube amp into saturation. The distortion side is very versatile and sounds pretty decent. The nicest thing about this pedal is that it offers a lot of control. It has tone and drive controls on both channels as well as an adjustable noise reduction circuit. The OD channel has a nice bass boost for getting some sweet sounding jazz chords and the dist. side has a sharp/blunt switch that really changes the sound of the distortion. However I find that the sharp side is too abrasive for most things other than thrash. It is well built and has lived up to my expectations better than I had thought. This pedal saves space on a pedal board too.
i understand that this is a od and a DS in one, but i already have a TS-9. Is there a DS pedal similar to the Hyde part of the Jeckyll and Hyde??
I ask because i LOVE the Hyde part of this pedal but i don't need the Jeckyll part
"A good song should make you want to tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs." - Tom Morello
aaahhh just found the son of hyde pedal. sorry !! XD
"A good song should make you want to tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs." - Tom Morello