I have been interested in purchasing a Licensed Floyd Rose.
I have also heard that they arent very reliable, I have found one
for a price of £30.
I thought it looked pretty legit at first, but I dont know if It's made of
cheap metal or weather the tuning stability is very good.
Here, Is The System Ive Been Looking At
Thoughts? Experiences? Please.
Much Appreiciated,

-Jack
I would stay away from it.It's really cheap and the auctions says Hong Kong so beware.If you want a licensed go with schaller or another legit company.It may be more money,but it's definitely worth it to get something you can trust.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by RiffLicker
What other legit companys would you suggest?

There are so many different floyd copies out there with different specs that it's hard to name them all.If I were to buy an upgrade FR it would either be a Schaller licensed or an Original FR.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

^ licensed = suck!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Licensed doesn't necessarily mean it suck. Its just licensed by the company due to patent rights, thats all. It depends on the material each company use to make their tremolo.

Get the gotoh, they're cheap and great. The studs are lockable too.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Its price at around £100,
Looks pretty legit. and the gotoh logo
is on there.
Ill take your word for it. thanks.
The Floyd Rose Special is legit, just a made overseas version so its cheaper. Schaller makes the original ones. They also have their own licensed version the Schaller Floyd Rose which is great quality also. Don't listen to people saying the licensed Floyds suck cause the Edge Pro is licensed under Floyd Rose patents and doesn't suck. The good ones are Gotoh, Ping, Jackson also makes good ones though I'm not sure if you can actually purchase those separate. Something for 30 pounds though is bound to be crap. You gotta keep in mind that the sustain block to be of good quality, the knife edges where the bridge pivots off of to last you and not go dull in 6 months you're gonna have to pay more then 30 pounds. Anyways check out the ones I stated or go with the Floyd Rose Special if you're short on cash.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
have you used the floyd rose special?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
i've never used the FR special before.

but i can suggest schaller and gotoh.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Yeah its licensed I wouldnt mess with it unless you want a cheaper trem system
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by isan
^ licensed = suck!

some licensed FR are actually good... just some

why don't you just get an OFR?

or maybe Schaller
Quote by RiffLicker
Ive Found This;
Floyd Rose Special?
Legit?

That doesn't look too bad. It has steel parts. Thats what you want. If they don't feel heavy, chances are they're made of some sort of cheaper metal, or some sort of steel alloy.

It's not that the cheaper LFR's don't hold their tuning. They do that just fine, it's more of an issue when it comes to how long they will last. The cheap LFR's hold their tunings long enough to sell the guitar and keep the person happy for a few months to a year. They can be setup to work well, and will work well. When you start to have strings popping out of them, or they're breaking strings off constantly, thats whey you know you bought a crappy one.

For that one, and that price, not bad, the real legit ones are around $150+ though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
There are great LFR trems out there but as a rule a lot are just not up to par. I have two LFR that are amazing one on my new/used Washburn MIJ the other a Peavy MIJ I used to replace the stripped one on my BC Rich Mockingbird. I have a project I am working on and was thinking of trying a similar one out from Guitar Fetish:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/flroflotrsy.html

I wouldn't have considered it but it came highly recommended by my fiend who builds and repairs guitars as a business. I figure it's not very expensive so if it doesn't work out I am not out much.

John
the onlt liscenced floyds worth considering are Ping, schaller, and gotoh
Quote by johnro6659
There are great LFR trems out there but as a rule a lot are just not up to par. I have two LFR that are amazing one on my new/used Washburn MIJ the other a Peavy MIJ I used to replace the stripped one on my BC Rich Mockingbird. I have a project I am working on and was thinking of trying a similar one out from Guitar Fetish:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/flroflotrsy.html

I wouldn't have considered it but it came highly recommended by my fiend who builds and repairs guitars as a business. I figure it's not very expensive so if it doesn't work out I am not out much.

John

please let me know how it holds up if you do buy it. i am also very interested in that floyd but i couldnt find any1 who had actually used one! so please let me know!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
jackson makes some pretty damn good licenced ones, well the higher end models
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by skag187
the onlt liscenced floyds worth considering are Ping, schaller, and gotoh

Ping are pieces of crap. Don't forget the Edge (alright, technically Gotoh) and Kahler fulcrum-based trems. There are also Steinbergers. The FR Specials I THINK are the same trems used on some the higher end Jackson imports and Charvel production series. I've only heard of three issues so far; loose trem arms, sup bar finishes, and questionable long term reliability.

Also, DO NOT BUY ANY SINGLE LOCKERS! These are what Guitar Fetish sells, and for the most part they are junk. Some may be useable if blocked to dive only and well setup, but most aren't worth the hassle. For value, my favorite brands are Gotoh and used Schallers.
So Gotoh, Is deffinately a good option.
Any more info on the Floyd Rose Special?
Apparently its a new addition to the LFR family.
Anyone had one?
Gotoh is a good option coz its cheap and reliable. Whatever name they put to the system doesn't really mean anything. Everything is legit, the only problem is whether they are reliable material.

Not being harsh or anything but, as far as thing goes, you need to get your facts straight, as in what type of guitar are you putting it into, not all system will fit into everything, dimension wise. Are you making a custom guitar? or replacing your older system? etcs.

And for premium reliability, either get a gotoh/schaller. Technically OFR/Schaller is about the same, they're made in the same factory.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by RiffLicker
Are the gotoh ones any good?

yes. make sure it's the ge1996t model. also you need to make sure it'll fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?