I'd just like to say I have no clue what I'm doing with modding guitars, first attempt, but hey gotta start sometime

I want to do some mods on my Dean Evo, it was a pretty cheap guitar and I'm sick of the natural finish on it and want to take that off, but I thought I may as well kill 2 birds with one stone as I also want a double cut LP shaped guitar.

A really quick PS mock up:

Would this be difficult? I have access to a router + band saw and some basic woodworking tools at collage, the neck is a bolt on so there wouldn't be any troubles there.

After this would also be putting a BKP Nailbomb in the bridge but I have a friend who is really good with electrics who can help with that
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

It can probably be done, post some pictures of the back of your actual guitar so we can see the neck joint.

Basically you want to leave it as un-invasive on the neck joint as possible, so you might not want to make the top cut too dramatic. The deepest part of the top horn curve doesnt want to be much below the top of the bolt on area, if that makes sence.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
pics of back, then we'll talk
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
makes sense
I'll get the pics of the back tomorrow (Wednesday) 'cos it's at the band room at the moment.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Got my pics.

Do we think it's possible?
I'd be moving that strap button to the back of the guitar.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

only if oyu scoop it out from the part where the neck meets the body, and you need a starp in the front
How do you mean? Scoop it out so there's a flat line down the back of the neck instead of a slope?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

no, one sec, i'll draw the line for ya

EDIT: fvdav
Last edited by nowa90 at Dec 27, 2008,
Ahhh I see, yeah thats what I was planning really, the new horn I cut would have to be less defined than the other really wouldn't it?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band