Okay, so it's about time I invested in a new amp. I've been playing about a year and a half and I'm still using a crappy Line 6 Spider III 15 amp. Based on the stuff I play and peer recommendations I've decided to settle on a Raven amp.

My question is, should I buy a Raven RG60 now, or hold out until I get 100 more dollars and get a RG100. I'm in highschool with no job, so money takes a while to get and I really need a new amp soon. What do you think I should do?
lol a ravens is just as bad as the spider

TS answer these questions
are you gigging?
what is your budget?
genres u play?
specific bands?
tube or SS?
used or new?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I dont gig
my budget it pretty low, under $350
I play hard rock and metal
Metallica
System of a Down
Godsmack
Nirvana
Rage Against the Machine
3 Doors Down

SS
new hopefully, but I supposed used is do-able
roland cube 60
or
peavey 30+sanpera II footswitch
feel free to add me
again, this is $100 over the 100 watt raven.

And I don't want a 30 watt amp. You can't hear that over drums can you?
peavey 75 no footswitch fits your budget crank it then you can here the amp over drums
feel free to add me
The Cube 60 is a great solid-state. Raven amps are re-named Crate FlexWave's that Guitar Center owns.

I'd recommend the 150w combo version of my amp (The TBX150R) but it'd be flamed around here...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
And I don't mean in like a smartass kinda way. I seriously want to know what is bad about Ravens
For 360+tax/shipping/whatever you can get a B-52 AT-112
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by tranzilethix
And I don't mean in like a smartass kinda way. I seriously want to know what is bad about Ravens

The one(s) I've tried sounded like someone took a "Marshall" MG, painted it black and slapped a new logo on it.
Quote by sargasm
Ravens are cheap junk, they sound like ass. If you like it go ahead and get it, but you'll probably tire of the tone eventually. I'd personally recommend the Cube 60 or the vypyr 75, both are plenty loud enough to jam. I'd say the 30 watters are loud enough, but they would definitely be near their limits.

Edit: ^Coming from the guy with the TBX

BTW, where's the clips man?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by LaidBack
For 360+tax/shipping/whatever you can get a B-52 AT-112

But I have literally no money and no way of getting money. I know that's not your problem, but my point is that I'm looking for something really cheap, that is decent, and Raven seems to fit that
Quote by tranzilethix
But I have literally no money and no way of getting money. I know that's not your problem, but my point is that I'm looking for something really cheap, that is decent, and Raven seems to fit that

It fits the first part, cheap, it doesn't fit the second, decent. Seriously, give the cubes and vypyrs a try, they're leagues ahead of the raven.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ravens are cheap junk, they sound like ass. If you like it go ahead and get it, but you'll probably tire of the tone eventually. I'd personally recommend the Cube 60 or the vypyr 75, both are plenty loud enough to jam. I'd say the 30 watters are loud enough, but they would definitely be near their limits.

Edit: ^Coming from the guy with the TBX

BTW, where's the clips man?

I was so busy for a period there, now I'm just trying to figure out how the heck I can record anything with any semblance of decency... I haven't forgotten bud.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
I was so busy for a period there, now I'm just trying to figure out how the heck I can record anything with any semblance of decency... I haven't forgotten bud.

Computer mic, twenty bucks.
Quote by mcrfobtai
It's already gonna sound bad. With that kind of mic? No chance

Back on topic...

B52 AT112 or Cube 60.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by mcrfobtai
It's already gonna sound bad. With that kind of mic? No chance

Nah, that's what I use and while it isn't perfect, the tones you hear on my recordings are close to the real thing, minus some punch and clarity. If it sounds decent with a computer mic then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it sounds good in person. Just make sure it's one you can position so you can experiment with placement and such.

On topic, TS, I highly suggest you find some way of saving up a few more bucks, the b-52 is a steal for 360, and is perfect for what you want.
Quote by tranzilethix
Okay, well I guess its time for a field trip to guitar center...

Despite the fact that it's Guitar Center, and filled with retards... it should be a blast to try out new stuff?
Quote by sargasm
go with kevin, felix, and the ibanez guy, get the b-52, that way you won't have to make this same thread in 6 months
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by tranzilethix
What's wrong with a raven?

I just bought one, the RG100H with matching cab. It doesnt have bad distortion, not awesome when cranked, but hey, its cheap. The clean channel is awesome for effects, takes well, and actually doesnt sound half bad by itself. I would recomend a nice dist. pedal and a 10 band eq though. I got it to tide me over till I can afford a MESA!!!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Good for you mate. Glad you bought something you like.
Quote by sargasm