So I've been looking for a stratocaster recently, and came across these:

squier classic vibe 50s strat:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Stratocaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519338

squier classic vibe 60s strat:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Stratocaster-60s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519339

These are getting really good reviews on harmony central and musiciansfriend. So I'm just wondering, how do these stack up against fender standard strats (MIM ones)? Is the fender standard stratocaster better than these guitars?

Brand names mean nothing to me. All I care about is playability and sound.

Thanks
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Ive heard several people say they're better than the low end Fenders (MIM Standard).
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
idk, dont like them, bad experience wit frett dressengs and horrible buzz
-Jake Blackwood
Wit frett dressengs? Anyway, I have a step up, a 60s CS, if you look used, you may find one for $300-$400. What major city do you live near?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Haven't played them, but they look nice.

I've gone to at least 3 Guitar Centers in the last month and none of them have them
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by lespaul#1
Wit frett dressengs? Anyway, I have a step up, a 60s CS, if you look used, you may find one for $300-$400. What major city do you live near?

San Jose, CA i pretty close to me

And it's a shame that is seems like they don't carry them at GC, I was going to go tomorrow to try these guitars out

I've looked on craigslist and can't even find a regular MIM fender strat for under $350...there are a couple of HSS strats in my price range but I don't want one with a humbucker (I already have a good guitar for that).
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there