I've been wondering if they are Single Coil pickups or humbuckers in a P-90 housing. I've been thinking about a 60 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck as a good rhythm set up.

So, back to the first thing, if they are single coil, will they create the buzz of a single coil? And if they're stacked humbuckers, will they fit in the stock holes in my SG w/o necessary modifications to the guitar's body (enlarging the hole so the pickups clear the strings, etc.)

Thanks for the help.
p-90s generally always fit into p90 shaped holes. Also they are humbuckers.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan
p-90s generally always fit into p90 shaped holes. Also they are humbuckers.

I know the shape is good. I wa slooking at a pair of Seymour Duncan P-90 shaped humbuckers, and what they did is they stacked the coils on top of each other which, in turn, made them taller than a regular P-90, which might've required making the holes a bit deeper. I was just wondering if EMG does the same or not.

Thnaks for the help, btw.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I wa slooking at a pair of Seymour Duncan P-90 shaped humbuckers.

do u mean the P rails?
cause i've heard all good things about those. I dont think that EMG makes any thing like em.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I think he means the fat cats, the p-rails are humbucker sized
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I think EMG p90s are real singlecoils without hum. I think they do it with a shielding array and a low impedance signal (which reduces the chance of interference). That being said, extra shielding usually dulls the tone, so they aren't going to be spot on to how a real p90 sounds methinks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not