This tune just came into my head a couple of hours ago and i had too fill it out,I know it's not great but it's my second song and I'm starting at the basics.the music is quite basic being more of a talk along beat.

I took her home
Cos she was really fit
She was blond
With alack of wit
I was sure
She'd be up for it
To finish off my saturday night

finish off my saturday night

I met her in The club about an hour ago
Getting to the end of the night
Got the feeling I had really lucked out
Then she sidled up to me looking tight

She slurred her name
And I propped her up
Bought me a drink
Could'nt believe my luck
The night back on
Thing's were looking up
Glad I'm out on saturday night

Glad I'm out on saturday night

I took her home
Cos she was really fit
She was blond
With a lack of wit
I was sure
She was up for it

Finish off my saturday night

We got to her house about a minute ago
And things were looking on
All into each other against the door
But then s**t did things go wrong

I felt a hand
Pulling me back back
Then a knee
connect my sack
She did'nt know
That her dad was back

Finish off my saturday night

I took her home
cos she was really fit
She was blond
With a lack of wit
I was sure
She was up for it

She finished off my saturday night

Wish I'd stayed home on saturday night...

A bit rough i know but just a bit of fun.
thanks for looking any cooments welcome
for some reason when i read this song im reminded of blink 182. somewhere along the lines of What's My Age Again styling which IMO isnt a bad thing

not too shabby though
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by skater5thg
not bad. add major distortion, hot chicks, and a video camera and you got yourself a show.

sounds even better to me like that I've got as far as Doo do do do do dah do do doo Dah doo do into the voice recorder on my phone so i can remember where I'm going.
may sound stupid but when I've tried to write songs before I get a bit way through ,lose the tune and it turns into something I've heard before.

thanks.
haha i think tatersalad got the "what's my age again" vibe from the first two lines. other than that i thought it was a good concept and well carried out. good little twist in there (even though it's not the most original twist) and i think this would make a fun party song.
party song is a good term,I really was,nt thinking deep when I was writing it and as I turned forty this and just started learning the guitar again,I doubt I'll ever write something that will have deep meaning these days (if you get what I mean)
But if I can get good replies from what I can write,I'm happy

cheers
It would make a great party song if it had a very up-tempo drum line and fast powerchords/riffs. I can't see it as too technical though.

One other point; is it really necessary to repeat the first verse three times? IMO, it'd make more sense to just use it as an opener and closer and either cut that middle verse out and use something new.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
It would make a great party song if it had a very up-tempo drum line and fast powerchords/riffs. I can't see it as too technical though.

One other point; is it really necessary to repeat the first verse three times? IMO, it'd make more sense to just use it as an opener and closer and either cut that middle verse out and use something new.

i was thinking something on those lines,the middle part could be changed to a propper middle of the song,maybe a change of tempo as it is at the moment a bit (I got a song that will get on your nerves)will give it a go after christmas when i can get at my guitars Ha Ha .this might also lenthen the song without being repititious.
thanks for your imput .

cheers
Thanks, now can you give Crackshack a review?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales