Hello everyone, I normally play bass but have just bought a rip-off strat (20$, what a steal)! It came with no strings and i plan on getting some tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me the best type of strings, preferably easy to bend, and light gauge. Thanks in advance!
Ernie Ball Super Slinky .9-.46.

Can't go wrong there. I've been using -.42's lately though, just to change things up.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

yeah ernie ball 9's are great
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
I use Elixir 10's. But if you want easy bending, maybe try 9's, or even 8's if you can find some.
I use Regular slinkies, good compromise between bends and tone...
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Regular Slinkies FTW, just started using em, and love em
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i use d'addario 11s for when i play bluesier and jazzier stuff and d'addario 10's for when i play rock
i've never played with ernie balls or DRs, i've only played with d'addarios and la bellas. so how are ernie ball and DR?
Quote by pedrothelion123
i use d'addario 11s for when i play bluesier and jazzier stuff and d'addario 10's for when i play rock
i've never played with ernie balls or DRs, i've only played with d'addarios and la bellas. so how are ernie ball and DR?

I use d'addario 10s. I love the sound that you get outta slinkeys when you first put them on, but if you ask me, the amazing sound didn't last more than a week. They seem like great things to get before a show, but that's it. My d'addarios last as long as I want them to. Their tone does dampen over time, but not half as much as slinkeys (In my scenario, playing on a low end jackson rhoads.)
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
I've tried Dads and ernies and i prefer ernies, though i might have just gotten better cause i did alot of gauge switching and then brand switching. meh, as long as they sound decent, i'll put them on i'm not really picky. i'd like to try the titanium coated erinies though, see how they last.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
prs strings are surprisingly good. ive had a pack of 10s on for at least 100 hours of playing and they still have a shimmer to their sound and do not appear to be worn at all. maybe its also cause ive started wiping them down after playing?
I use DR Hi voltage strings (10-46) for their brightness and they never fade tone wise.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
All of these are great string choices. However you really need to try a variety and find what you like the best. But my personal favorite are DR Tite-fits in 10.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.