Ok I just read an article on Yahoo! about how Kanye West is lip syncing.

As of right now I am fed up with this arrogant piece of crap wrapped in tinsel. His music is not good. He takes other people's tracks and re-releases them under his name with different lyrics.

He is so arrogant that if you called him god he would actually believe it. In fact he has no problem in saying it himself.

And why is this arrogance out of place? Because his music is made for sheep. Baah along you little followers, and ignore what "Music" really means.

If you compare any SINGLE song that Bach or Mozart wrote, it completely blows Kanye West out of the water. If Kanye West is God, then I am glad I'm an Athiest.

There are many more things I could say, but I happen to know that if you read this you either think one of two things: "This guy is thinking what I'm thinking" or "Wow this guy has no idea what he is talking about. Kanye West just lost his mom, jesus give him a break". If you think the latter then all you are doing is getting caught up in the hype behind this fake celebrity and not really comparing his music at all.

Now please, if you could all just justify my craziness, sign this thread to petition all listening of Kanye West's music. By signing this thread you hereby abolish any rights you have to listen to Kanye West. It doesn't matter if you are at the playboy mansion and they turn on the music, you have to either turn it off yourself or leave right away. I am taking this very seriously, because if I have to listen to another goddamn sentence about this dude then I will consider making myself go deaf for a sweet release.

/Signed by Scott Elwood

So..
Much...
Fail...

Did you really just compare Kanye to classical composers? And God?

He wasn't bad back before he started sampling the shit out of songs either.
epic fail is epic.
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

I am comparing him to classical music because he himself is comparing him to all music.

He has no respect at all for music and therefore I lack respect for him. And by the way, this is not to be taken that seriously. I don't listen to his music because it just simply sucks and his way of commercializing his music is absurd.

And I have not listened to his older before stuff, but jesus do I need to? I will do nothing to fuel the sales of this man, nor will I even fuel the illegal downloading.
wut?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
retard.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by hippotato7
Dude, there is more bigger fish to fry

Mugabe for one....

There is a reason more people know Kanye West's name than Mugabes name. Now THAT is a problem.
I like Kanye a lot, I haven't heard his new album yet but I heard it sucks.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
If you compared most music to classical composers, it wouldn't stand a chance. That's no reason to thwart ANYONE'S creative capacity, their outlet for passion, or their art.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well I am not here to satisfy everyone.

I knew that coming into this, I mean come on I posted this in the rap section, I know I am not in the place that really regards my statements as being anything but stupid.

But please, none of you have given me any argument other than telling me I am a retard.

Justify his means and I will surrender the argument.
Quote by vintage x metal
If you compared most music to classical composers, it wouldn't stand a chance. That's no reason to thwart ANYONE'S creative capacity, their outlet for passion, or their art.

I keep telling you, it isn't me comparing him. He himself is the one doing the comparison. Find me an article that shows him having respect towards any artist ever, other than ones that fill the tracks that he calls his own.
Quote by hippotato7
Dude, there is more bigger fish to fry

Mugabe for one....

Always with the black people, REALL multicultural....

but i actually agree, to a certain extent, i think he should shut his fat mouth, get off his ass and do something
Quote by StreetLight3989
I like Kanye a lot, I haven't heard his new album yet but I heard it sucks.

Check it out man, it grows on you alot, constantly playing for me. Alot of older fans still didn't get into it but I love it and so do my friends who like him.
Well you've obviouly only heard his latest.

Not that even Late Registration could probably change your mind, even though it's worlds better than shit like "Love Lockdown."
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Check it out man, it grows on you alot, constantly playing for me. Alot of older fans still didn't get into it but I love it and so do my friends who like him.

I'll definitely take a listen, I really haven't heard anything off it so I don't really know what to expect.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by dminishedthingy
Well you've obviouly only heard his latest.

Not that even Late Registration could probably change your mind, even though it's worlds better than shit like "Love Lockdown."

You do know every song on that album, except the skits, are sampled. Not to mention its the same album that "Gold Digger" is on, which includes lyrics such as:

"Cutie the bomb
Met her at a beauty salon
With a baby louis vuitton
Under her underarm
She said I can tell you ROC
I can tell by ya charm
Far as girls you got a flock
I can tell by ya charm and ya arm
but I'm lookin for the one
have you seen her
My psychic told me she have a ass like Serena
Trina, Jennifer Lopez, four kids
An I gotta take all they bad ass to show-biz"

And another song "Touch the Sky"...

"Back when they thought pink polo's would hurt the Roc,
Before Cam got the **** to pop, the doors was closed.
I felt like Bad Boy's street team, I couldn't work the Lox (locks).
Now let's go.
Take 'em back to the plan...
Me and my momma hopped in the U-Haul van.
Any pessimists I ain't talked to them,"

I don't even know where to start. Isn't Kanye supposed to be known for his lyrics? I mean that is something that he said himself. I hope I am no beating a dead horse by saying that.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Both those songs rule, you don't.

Can you not give me a reason.. that is all I ask for. Just one reason that justifies him being top in the billboards.
Fine, he thinks he's the shit and he's not. That really shouldn't affect your opinion on the music.

NSBM bands have some of the worst ideaology I've ever heard, but some bands sound good, so I'll still listen.

Flo Mournier thinks he's the best thing to ever happen to death metal, and calls Cryptopsy's latest album "musical evolution," but he's still a great drummer.
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Dec 22, 2008,
I always found Kanye very meh for me, but I wouldn't petition against him for the sake of him being an egotistical loser or because he lip syncs.

Tupac's mah homie anyways. THUGZ 4 LIFE.
His ego is just an after effect.

I listened to his music way before I knew he was egotistical. Back then I thought it was ****, and I still do now. It's only because he is stuck up that it causes me to lash out against him.

All I am saying is that if you look at a band like "The Mars Volta", you can see that they are technically skilled, and lyrically amazing. In fact they are so good that I would wait hours in line to get tickets for one of their shows. They really do have talent. You can say the same for Metallica, Primus, Gorillaz, Jurassic 5 (Blows Kanye into the pits of hell), and many other bands.

But can you really say that for Kanye? Does he really experiment with his music? Or is he just creating beats and songs he knows that the general population will agree with.
I think it is his production skill that he is most known for. Everything he produces (for the msot part) is great. Though, you have to like rap and if you are an instrumental music elitist and hate everything where people dont play instruments, obviously you won't like it.
i agree that Kanye is not very good.

i can't stand him to be honest. his attitude makes me want to punch him in the face.
Why are you bothering to waste your time crusading against him cause you find him annoying. Just ignore him.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Love Kanye's music

Don't like his attitude.

Still, I listen to him all the time.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Kanye WAS pretty sick until he turned into T-Pain all of a sudden...

His lyrics might not always be top notch all the time even though he does have his moments, but the beats he produces are top of the line. Just listen to gems like Jay-Z's Moment of Clarity, Jesus Walks and Can't Tell Me Nothing

Hopefully he drops that voice box bull**** in the near future. I can't stand that. In the mean time, there's a ton of dope hip hop out there like Jedi Mind Tricks, Brother Ali and the Snowgoons
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Let's not forget: God, The Mars Volta, Metallica, and Primus.

Kanye West appeared on the cover of the Rolling Stone bearing a thorn crown, comparing himself to Jesus.

And how do I not have the right to compare him to any kind of music. Can I only compare him to other ****ty music which makes him look better? Bahumbug, I will compare him to the best because I see no other logical way.

To MedicreDemon: That is the point of this post (Sans this argument, haha jesus I didn't figure I would have to get this heated), I am from here on out trying to fully ignore him, and I felt strongly enough to say so.
Signed.

Hate Kanye. He is awful and has no reson to have a ego just because people buy his crap. People by crack that doesn't make crack dealers artistic geniouses just means they know how to market. I wont deny Kanye doesn't know how to market he just can't write songs or original sounding beats for crap.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
I second the user above.

I'm not an elitist or anything, but I dislike it how he can just get somebody else's song as a backing, "change" it slightly, write lyrics that don't make sense and then commercialize the hell outta' it.
Most musicians of genres like this lip-synch. But yes, Kanye sucks.

EDIT: this hits in right on the head:

Quote by Liam Alan
Signed.

Hate Kanye. He is awful and has no reson to have a ego just because people buy his crap. People by crack that doesn't make crack dealers artistic geniouses just means they know how to market. I wont deny Kanye doesn't know how to market he just can't write songs or original sounding beats for crap.